WAG level 4 floor question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sce

Proud Parent
I just watched a video of a girl at level 4 states. She did 3 backhandsprings, not 2. I rewound a few times to double check that I was seeing it right. I have no idea if she did it on purpose or what. Is this acceptable or not? A deduction?

SCE my DD says yes, its a deduction because its an extra skill, plus its compulsory. No one can add or change anything in compulsory. Maybe she had too much power and couldn't stop atthe second back handspring and hasn't learned to control it yet.

Are you sure it was level 4 in the USA. A few years ago in Australia the kids could do 3 back handsprings as an optional bonus in level 4.

SCE my DD says yes, its a deduction because its an extra skill, plus its compulsory. No one can add or change anything in compulsory. Maybe she had too much power and couldn't stop atthe second back handspring and hasn't learned to control it yet.
See, I thought it was a deduction. Watching her, it looks so beautiful, it looks like she intended to do 3 though. Odd. Her score was no great, so maybe that's partly why. As the routine was very nice.

I did finally find out what happened. It was not intentional. She also did 3 in warm-ups by mistake as well. I think it was high adrenaline and extra power. After her routine, she realized she might have done 3 but was not even sure until she asked the coaches.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back