Uk level 5 & grade 14

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just looked at the guide on British gymnastics website and wow my dd is all over t place at the moment some she could do national or regional 4 and others she would do club 5 we did 14 this year and she is also the baby of the gym only making competitions this year by a week:( by far the smallest in the competition out of every kid there bars just depends on that float upstart she's been trying forever or do it seems thanks to the wonderful chalkbucket I knew when she started training it in march that it would probably be Xmas before it puts in an appearance if not later glad I warned the hubby on that one!

a ring turn is a 1/2 pivot turn on both feet and an assemble jump is where the gymnast takes off on 1 foot and joins the feet in the air prior to landing. :)

well if they are competing them in March and allowing for some time off over crimble, its only a few weeks of learning them

Dd will be doing the new club grades, it will be either 6 or 5, we have been given the routines for both grades in their gym notebooks and range and conditioning (to practice at home on non gym days),

Dd's group will be doing grades in May next year (going by what the coach told me). The only slight concern I have is the long hang chin up circle up, dd (and nearly all the others) cannot do this yer. Dd can do hanging chin ups and leg lifts from a hang on the bottom bars of the A Bars (she is a shortie and cannot reach the floor), when dd does try a chin up cicle up from the low bar she gets her knees up and gets no further. Dd's group practice twice a week for 2 1/2 hours each time and has around 5 months to get it, is it possible to achieve a long hang circle up on the high bar in that time?

She can practice her chin up pull over on her chin up bar at home. Some kids do find it difficult.

She can practice her chin up pull over on her chin up bar at home. Some kids do find it difficult.

We dusted off the pull up bar tonight and dd had a go at reverse grip chin ups, leg lifts, chin up pullover, dd needed a bit of support with the chin up circle up. Dd also had a go at the Range and Conditioning section and seems ok with most of it, she is struggling with the bridge kick over (lift leg straight up before kicking over) and is puzzled with the extend legs and lift heels of the floor part, what exactly does it mean? Does she have to lift her legs off the floor slightly so her heels are off the floor or sit in a pike and do it somehow?

Just sitting in pike and raise heels by pointing toes and squeezing quads. Most gymnasts can do it with flexed feet but some struggle with pointed toes. It will take some practicing of she can't do it. They aren't allowed to lean backwards or lift legs off floor.

We dusted off the pull up bar tonight and dd had a go at reverse grip chin ups, leg lifts, chin up pullover, dd needed a bit of support with the chin up circle up. Dd also had a go at the Range and Conditioning section and seems ok with most of it, she is struggling with the bridge kick over (lift leg straight up before kicking over) and is puzzled with the extend legs and lift heels of the floor part, what exactly does it mean? Does she have to lift her legs off the floor slightly so her heels are off the floor or sit in a pike and do it somehow?

Yes sit on the floor in pike and pull her knees and quads up really tight ( without leaning back ). Her heels should pop off the floor. Remember to keep toes pointed.

Thank you, did has some issues with straight legs but can do the standing pike with hands behind her. Dd can do it with flexed feet but I don't think she can with pointed feet. What are quads?

Thank you. Do you think that there will be any changes to the Grades before the gymnasts begin competing them next year? The chin up pullover on the high bar and the lift heel thing seem to be hard and a new addition compared to what I have seem of grade 14.

The pike sit with heel lift has always been in grade 14 and 13. The chin up pull over is new.

the heel lift was in Grade 14 a few years ago when P&F did it

That goes to show I know nothing about Grades lol (apart from what I have seen on you tube). To be honest just over a year ago I never even thought it was possible that my youngest dd will even get the chance to do Grades. Dd is fine with all the moves in Club Grade 6 and possibly 5 (if she can do the squat down on one leg thing on the beam), the only thing she needs to work hard on are the heel lift in Range and Conditioning and the Chin up Pullover on bars and her one leg lift bridge kickover,from what the coach said it isn't until next May so that is plenty of time to get those moves.

What do you guys know about the new Grades System? I had a brief chat after gym with the coach and was told that all the girls were most likely starting with Club Grade 6 or 5 and then either going down the Regional route or National route (like the elite group) if the coach thinks they can do it. Do you think there is much change between the old Grades system and new one, does it seem easier or harder. I think the bars from Club Grade 6 seems harder than Grade 14 (from what I have seen of Grade 14 and read of Club Grade 6)

Our chin up bar is getting a lot of use at the moment, but it's all for leg lifts!

DD is fine with the rest of the bar routine on grade 6, it's just her legs are so long and dangley that she struggles to even get them past her chest level with straight legs. Bent legs, no issue though, but she's been told that's a no no lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back