Changes to the WAG program.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Here in QLD we don't have a state stream, the smaller clubs whose athletes don't do the high hours do organise their own comps just for limited hours clubs using the national program. It works well, there are lots of available competitions for the limited hour clubs to choose from.

NSW's competition calendar is so complicated I don't think anything else can be fitted in, lol.

NSW's competition calendar is so complicated I don't think anything else can be fitted in, lol.

The clubs that run the limited hours comps in qld don't have the. Sanctioned by gym qld. They just run them independently and invite clubs as they choose.

The clubs that run the limited hours comps in qld don't have the. Sanctioned by gym qld. They just run them independently and invite clubs as they choose.
Check out the 2015 gym nsw comp calendar. Add in the sanctioned comps on top of that. And work out if any club has the time or energy to add in sorting out low hour friendly comps as well. A few clubs are talking about it but I think the super complicated calendar will have them giving up on anything other than implementing the new program and turning up to the right qualifiers and states.

Check out the 2015 gym nsw comp calendar. Add in the sanctioned comps on top of that. And work out if any club has the time or energy to add in sorting out low hour friendly comps as well. A few clubs are talking about it but I think the super complicated calendar will have them giving up on anything other than implementing the new program and turning up to the right qualifiers and states.

The clubs running and going to the limited hours competitions here are not involved in other GymQLD events. They might do the occasional sanctioned comp in order to levels test the girls but they have their own circuits running and don't get involved in the gym qld ones in general.

The clubs running and going to the limited hours competitions here are not involved in other GymQLD events. They might do the occasional sanctioned comp in order to levels test the girls but they have their own circuits running and don't get involved in the gym qld ones in general.
So they are just limited hours clubs only?

As QLD has no state stream, and has not in recent times clubs tend to fall into the category of either being a limited hours club or a competitive hours club. Very few have both except in the lower levels. The rest of Australia will probably end up doing a similar thing in a few years.

I'd love to know what's happening in Tas...it all seems very hush hush. Even my DD's club website hasn't added details about their girls' program yet.

The manual is now available at no cost for WAG Technical Members in Gymnastics Online. I cannot log on for some reason so if someone could send me a copy or upload it someone where it would be greatly appreciated.

If you can't log in you should contact gymnastics Australia to fix the problem, as a technical member it is important that you are able to access that information.

As it is copyrighted material people should not be posting it online anywhere.

Looking at the manual myself, it is going to be an interesting year, many things are easier but many things are more difficult. It seems the international levels are now generally a little easier making them accessible to more athletes, which is a good thing, more of our top national levels gymnasts will have a chance to move towards the international stream.

But for states like Vic and NSW who previously had a state stream I think the transition looks like it is going to be very difficult for athletes.

Probably the biggest challenge will be the introduction of compulsory routines in levels 3-6. It's the smaller details that will really make the difference when it comes to score. There are many smaller details of course, especially in the floor routine, so gymnasts with a low level of training hours may struggle to score high.

I thought there were scoring changes designed to make it somewhat easier to score higher?
Do you mean more hours needed to learn the new routines? Or that more strength is required for elements in the new routines? (Not that it's really relevant for my child, she's only little, just curious).

Is there much change to IDP? Is the music changing!? :D

In some ways it will be easier to score higher. For example less split required in leaps and jumps at a lower level but in other ways it will be more difficult.

The compulsory floor routines now need to be done a certain way from start to finish. Girls who train many hours will be able to spending many hours perfecting this. In the old routines they had to get 6 skills right, and the rest was theirs.

The international program has changed significantly.

Reactions: COz

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back