Parents Finally starting to see a spark- and finally got mill circle!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amusibus

Proud Parent
It was a great day for my 8 year old level 2 daughter. On the way into gym she said she couldn't wait to "climb the rope ten times in straddle". When I picked her up, she told me she finally got that darned mill circle, tonight, for the first time ever. We were talking on the way home, and I mentioned maybe it was adding that third day that helped you get it, you're getting so strong. But she said no mom, before I do it I think to myself "You're the best gymnast in the world" and that's what did it! So cute. She is getting more confident, better "prettier" technique, and really starting to get excited about gymnastics. All this is new. Couple years ago she was "that kid" - not particularly motivated, terrible form, didn't pay attention and goofed off in practice. I used to wonder what the coaches saw in her/why they wanted her for team. Now it is obvious...but coaches how do you know? And is age 8 some kind of magical age when it all starts to come together, or is that just my kid?

My son was almost 8 1/2 when the switch visibly flipped for him. He was having a good time with gymnastics, but it wasn't a passion. At his second-to-last meet in that first year of competition, he fell off the mushroom trying to do his second of three circles. He came home from that meet mad as a hornet and said in the car, "I am NEVER falling off the mushroom again!" From then on, he's been focused like a laser. But a very happy laser!

Congratulations on the mill circle! Hope the excitement leads to more success and builds a virtuous circle for her!

How exciting for her, and for you! It is so much fun to watch when things finally start to come together. I do think 8 might be a magical age. My gymmie is just shy of her 8th birthday, and all of a sudden she finally seems to "get" tumbling and is becoming more confident and sharper on all events.

Nice to get the stride circle. I know when my daughter finally got it, she was totally pumped about it. I being a newbie had to YouTube what it was.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back