Parents Charlotte Area Gyms?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Called Southeastern and found out that the optionals start training at 1:00 and Friday daytime. It sounds like homeschooling or an alternative school with short hours is the only option.

Called Southeastern and found out that the optionals start training at 1:00 and Friday daytime. It sounds like homeschooling or an alternative school with short hours is the only option.
Around here, it's common for girls to do part time on campus and part time in virtual school (run through the county or the state). Seemed crazy to me in the beginning, but it actually works out well.

Wow! It is all new territory for me to consider. The gyms that have this sort of program in my area are for elite bound/tops gymnasts in particular not just for regular optional girls. There are only a handful also. I was hoping to move to that area to save $$$ in taxes but with doing this I will probably break even!:/

I should clarify - "around here" was not meant to be Charlotte. I don't live there. The school thing is all done through the public school system, so there's no additional cost.

Not that it's really relevant, but my dd just competed at a meet (compulsary levels) where Southeastern was there and they pretty much dominated even at those lower levels. They are definitely doing something right!

My dd was on state team for regionals at level 7 last year and the majority of the girls from NC came from either Southeastern or Everest. Not having the regular schooling option there would make it tough though. You definitely need to consider the traffic. I used to live in Charlotte and the traffic is terrible. And from what I understand the population has practically doubled since we lived there years ago. Definitely something to consider for your quality of life.

Are you sure that ALL the optionals begin at that time? A particular optional group may begin at that time, but I can't imagine that many (if any) of the high school aged girls are home schooled and come in that early. There has to be multiple start times to accommodate many different schedules. I think I would call back and have that clarified.

Your other option is Thomas in Rock Hill, Sc. Property taxes are even cheaper in SC.

My DD has trained at Thomas, and they seem pretty good. DD got some great help with beam and bars, the coaches were strict but nice about it, and the girls were friendly. Our gym flies all the way from Barbados to Thomas' meet (Crown of the Carolinas) every year because it's a really nice meet. Thomas usually does well against Everest in that meet. I do not know their regular training times or how their kids do in terms of college scholarship, going Elite etc.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back