MAG Boys Competition Attire

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
The worst thing about the white socks is that my kid has never worn a pair through an entire meet and had them come out in a shape where they could be meet-worthy again. There's nothing like the pristine, dazzling purity of the white socks before they start warming up their first event . . . If you're stuck with white, go cheap, people!
I was wondering about this, new pair for every meet. Where do you get plain white though? I keep seeing ones with logos or grey parts etc.

I was wondering about this, new pair for every meet. Where do you get plain white though? I keep seeing ones with logos or grey parts etc.
It really is an annual nightmare. You hear rumours of plain white socks and dash hopefully to the shop in question, only to find that they have every single size except your DS's. Or you spot what you think are the perfect pair, only to discover a prominent logo. Or hearts/ flowers.
When finally you find the perfect pair, you would buy a ton of them, except that there is only ever one pack.

So, you reluctantly hand them over for the meet, where one of two fates awaits them:

1. they get eaten by the Pit Sock Monster
2. they get engrained with dirt that would challenge even those cheery tv people who can get your "whites whiter than white in 30 seconds"

And so it begins again.....

It really is an annual nightmare. You hear rumours of plain white socks and dash hopefully to the shop in question, only to find that they have every single size except your DS's. Or you spot what you think are the perfect pair, only to discover a prominent logo. Or hearts/ flowers.
When finally you find the perfect pair, you would buy a ton of them, except that there is only ever one pack.

So, you reluctantly hand them over for the meet, where one of two fates awaits them:

1. they get eaten by the Pit Sock Monster
2. they get engrained with dirt that would challenge even those cheery tv people who can get your "whites whiter than white in 30 seconds"

And so it begins again.....
Does your ds wear white pants. I've found some on Amazon with a logo only on the leg part. Under dark pants a logo doesn't show, but will it show under white?
http://www.amazon.com/Nike-Boys-Per...ords=nike+boys+white+socks&pebp=1416981244485

His are pale cream, so it probably would show through, unfortunately. And we don't have Target over here. But I shall keep searching, somewhere out there exists the perfect sock, available in France...

His are pale cream, so it probably would show through, unfortunately. And we don't have Target over here. But I shall keep searching, somewhere out there exists the perfect sock, available in France...
Target here has nothing in plain white, unless I look to the girls dress socks. All the white socks have logos or grey parts etc. Thus why I am turning to Amazon.

I know I got them at Target last year.....it took a while to find them but I did.

Ok, I think we need to set up a White Sock Alert System If anyone spots them they have to give the alert immediately, after which the mad dash can ensue..:)
Oh, and no-one is allowed to take more than 3 packs.....share and share alike;)

@sce - They are on the thicker end in my experience; I use the black ones the company produces as extras in my bag. (I've lost track of the amount of times one of my gymnasts has 'lost' their socks during competition, lol). It is hard to find socks with no labels so I just let it go, lol. The first ones are on the shorter side, I will admit. I'd go for the second longer ones. :)

@Maleficent - Of course, lol. Good luck and I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help

How tall do the socks have to be? Could a young boy wear a style like these (from Kmart) for easy on/off (assuming they fit snugly)? Or are they too low rise? My son prefers lower rise socks in regular life so wondering if there would work or not....thanks in advance!

spin_prod_831626312

Too short. They need more length so you can't see his foot or lower ankle peeking out between the pommel pants and the socks.

Too short. They need more length so you can't see his foot or lower ankle peeking out between the pommel pants and the socks.

Curious, is that actually a uniform deduction, or just potentially visually distracting? No worries if no one actually knows the answer - I just find the tidbit facts fascinating....

I don't know -- our coach would kill us if the boys showed up in socks that short, so I can't help you!

Curious, is that actually a uniform deduction, or just potentially visually distracting? No worries if no one actually knows the answer - I just find the tidbit facts fascinating....

Only the super low socks will show skin. I think the socks you have will probably be perfect. Our HC actually prefers the no-show socks (like what you have) so the boys can take them off and on quickly. Have him try them on with his pommel pants. If you can't see any skin you should be okay.

My son wears very low socks like that, and nothing shows. The stirrup on his pants is pretty thick, and the holes for his toes and heel are not very big. I would try them with the pants to be sure, and if they don't work you'll just have extra socks for everyday wear.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back