Parents Mommy Brag just because it's been a rough fall

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cbifoja

Proud Parent
DD is still working towards her first meet of the season and progress has been slow and skills seem to be going backwards in some areas. So it makes being able to celebrate a new skill very special this time. Tonight DD landed her double back off the bars and just nailed a stuck landing. It was a thing of beauty and a brief flash of encouragement during a trying time. Even the coach who rarely can muster any praise for DD said it looked like she had been doing them for years.

Great job! It seems like as they get to those higher levels the skills take a little longer to get. Time to celebrate! That is awesome!

That's a big one! It is tough at the upper levels when so much of the work is about making the hard skills consistent and good rather than picking up new tricks.

Wow! That's awesome!! My dd is a level 5 and we have a lot if girls still struggling in their fly always. I'll bet that there were 20 little girls that watch her and saw her accomplishment and it inspired them to be as good as she is one day. Bravo to her for being an amazing athlete AND role model just by working hard and showing that hard work pays off!

Thank you all for sharing in my happiness. Dd and our family have been going through a lot lately a lot of which have nothing to do with gym...just a rough patch in life that everyone experiences from time to time. I know we'll get through it and things will be fine again.

Gymnastically DD actually has a lower skill set on beam than she did last season so that's really bothered her. Her vault and floor have improved although she didn't get her vault in time to compete L8 this year so she's rather bummed about that. But the double back brought that smile to her face that I've missed so much these past couple of months.

Congrats to your dd.. It is so hard when they hit bumps in the road! They pick up skills and lose others... Then regain them back.. I hope she has a fantastic season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back