Parents Hi!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Things are probably quite different here. What is a competition studio?

Here girls would attend classes and some girls are picked to compete in group dances and attend extra classes but only a small number are picked to do this. Others would also be allowed to compete as soloists.
I don't think we have any studios where everyone gets to compete.

She dances at a studio that focuses mainly on company teams. She is with a group of girls aged nine to eleven. She goes to lots of competitions in a season.

Reactions: COz
Welcome! I have one 11yr old dd. She did competitive dance for a year or two while she was also in gym. Decided dance wasn't really her thing, as the hours increased so she just competes gym now. I kinda miss the dancing...

Welcome! I have one 11yr old dd. She did competitive dance for a year or two while she was also in gym. Decided dance wasn't really her thing, as the hours increased so she just competes gym now. I kinda miss the dancing...
This is the first year my gymmie didn't do dance. She wanted to do comp team while she was on the pre-team, but once they put her on the team there was no way. She missed it a little watching her ex-teammates at the Christmas recital, expecially since many of them did join the comp team, but she says she's good with her decision. Now I'm just hoping my older one sticks with it...she's been talking about quitting! :( she is excited that she has a solo this year so we'll see...

Everyone tells me I'm crazy because DD does both team, L5 this year plus she continues to get more competitive in Irish dance as well. She goes to a private school and they don't have a lot of homework which really helps. She loves them both equally right now and they do tend to complement each other believe it or not! I know we will probably get to a day where she'll have to pick but for now she's having fun in both :)

Welcome to ChalkBucket!

Welcome to chalk bucket, clubdancemom. My daughter was in dance through level 5 then had to make her choice. She chose gymnastics. I discovered this site when she was choosing, hence, the name. I miss the dancing as well, but I feel fortunate that my younger DD does cultural dance, which is quite elegant to watch.

Enjoy all of the wonderful information and people here. They are quite knowledgeable and helpful should you have questions or thoughts to share.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back