WAG How to improve core strength at home

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tegan_tegan

Gymnast
So yesterday we had a strength test and well my middle body results had gone down a fair bit but all my upper body and lower body results improved by a mile these are what we tested:

Leg lifts : was 32 - now 12
Rope climb : was 18 - now 15
Inverted hang : was 34 seconds - now 13 seconds
Inverted lifts : was 3 - now 1

Chin ups : was 7 - now 17
Push ups : was 16 - now 37

Pistols right leg : was 4 - now 11
Pistols left leg : was 2 - now 6
Box jumps : was 34 - now 35

Injuries-
Both knees
Right hip
Left ankle

And I am level 8 as well

So I was wondering if there was anybody who would be able to give me some core exercises to do at home thank you

Why not get one of the many free apps eg 30 day abs. Might be more motivating when you have something to log .
Or just make a list eg crunches, sit ups, planks, leg lifts, make sure you include some obliques/side ones. Maybe get a gym or school friend to also do it for accountability.

Adding to OzZee's suggestion here. I love doing Cassey Ho's pop pilates videos. She has a bunch of fabulous ab workouts! This is her Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates
Even if you don't want to do entire workouts, you could certainly get a lot of ideas for good exercises while looking through them!

Just to add to the great suggestions above, we do what we call the "Two Minute Ab Torture" in track. All of it is with no break in between each exercise.

10 regular crunches
10 crunches with your legs straight out like a hollow
10 crunches with your legs bent at 90 degrees
10 crunches with your legs straight out in a straddle
10 crunches with legs straight out but crossed one over the other
10 V-ups
10 keeping your legs vertical, reach up towards the ceiling
10 (on each side) crunches with legs straight out with one leg slightly bent
10 (on each side) crunches with legs straight out & one bent at 90 degrees
Hold that position for 10 seconds on each side
10 bicycles on each side

It's just something you can do very quickly that definitely gives the abs a good burn :) If it's not challenging enough you can do another set. I'd add some supermans/back raises & oblique crunches/holds so that you're getting the total core. I also have the "Gymabstics" DVDs & I love them!

You lay stomach down and you lift your hands and feet off the floor arched. Then while your still arched you open your arms and legs to have your body in an x position. Then you close your arms and legs and come down. Then repeat.

I have been now doing the Victoria secret abs video on blogilates which is 15 min and then I do flippinams workout twice with 20 instead of 10'for each all this together with no breaks really does kill the abs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back