Parents 2nd Meet of the Year.....the flu bug

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

blueredzone

Proud Parent
This past weekend was our 2nd meet of the year. Just the week after the first meet of the Year.

My DD had gotten hit with the Flu during the week. She made it back to school on Friday and practiced on Friday night. She came home with a high temp. again.... With competition on Saturday we were wondering what to do....

We let her sleep in and prayed that she woke up feeling fine. Thankfully we were the 3rd wave in the morning so we didn't have to rush to the Competition site. She woke up sluggish and didn't know if she could make it... She decided to give it a shot anyway...

Michael Jordan had his Flu game....My DD just had her Flu Meet!! Qualified for States! Placed on Beam, Vault, and in the All-Around!!! She got a .85 higher All-Around Score than her first meet and she only made it practice one day this week.

Sorry to brag but pretty excited for DD specially the type of week she had with the flu and all...

My daughter had a meet like that last year. Thought she felt better in the AM, had to run off the floor during warmups thinking she was going to be sick (but didn't), stuck it out through the meet and got her highest AA of the season! It's nice to know the universe rewards perseverance sometimes!

Ugh - my daughter just had a meet like that! My daughter just had her first meet and threw up in the parking lot beforehand. She said it was just nerves but she got worse as the meet went on. Her coach wouldn't let her compete beam because by then she couldn't even walk straight. Ends up she had a fever of 102. I'm hoping next meet goes a bit better!

Way to go! Gymnasts are tough!

The girls and I got pretty sick during DD's first competition season. She had to miss a practice before states, but she still went and got her best AA of the season (and ever at this point in her career)!

On our way to her first L6 meet 2 yrs ago, my dd said "my throat is kind of scratchy". She fell twice that meet which was odd and just seemed really wobbly. Got in the car, she clearly had a fever but I don't know how high since I was not prepared for illness. Diagnosed with the flu the next day!

Bummer! My entire family has been down this week with the flu. It's not fun. Hope your daughter feels better soon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back