Off Topic Undergarments for meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I can't find the right ones anywhere! We have VERY HIGH CUT LEOS! And normal briefs don't work, and I would prefer not to spend $30 at gk. I got some for about $10 online that hopefully work, but they might not. And bras, one that's not just a piece of fabric and will support, I mean I don't have much but some help would be nice

Victoria's Secret pink has yoga undies that work well. The bikini style are quite stretchy and can be pulled up above the hips. As for bra's I'm in the same boat. I want one that will smoosh me in and not just sit there. The only ones that seem to work are razor-back style which obviously don't work with competition leos. Hoping someone has suggestions. If all else fails, duct tape is looking very appealing...

I tried the Hanes last year, they alway fell, no matter what I tried hairspray even butt glue couldn't keep them up, and I as for justice I don't think I fit into there close anymore

I don't know what part of the country you are in, but it may be worth looking at places like TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls, Bealls etc. I've definitely come across undies that look like they should fit under a leo, but it is hit or miss. Even as an adult, sizing and fit varies SO much in clothing. I have everything from child XL - Adult L in my closet!

Target has an excellent Champion brand sports bra. The straps convert from racerback to camisole style and it's only eighteen dollars.

I had luck with Justice, but also Victoria's Secret stringbikinis worked well for me

I found the GK briefs to work the best when I was competing, even though they are a bit pricier. I always picked them up at the GK outlet in PA where they were a bit cheaper, you could try to contact them with the product # for a price check, I think they ship.
http://www.members.tripod.com/downeast_gkoutlet/

As for sports bras, most places like Target or department stores have a section for athletic wear, so I would imagine you could find something in a local store for a reasonable price. And the sizes at Justice might surprise you. I was in there a few months ago to get a gift and toyed with the idea of getting a pair of their gymnastics sweats in a larger kids size- and I'm not a teeny tiny adult.

Justice sports bras offer a decent amount of support IMO, the sizing can be iffy so don't order online!

I have an Leo liner that I wear with high cut Leo's - I bought it from a dance website (gym ones were really expensive) and it cost about £8. It's super high cut and it has that rubbery grip stuff around the edges (like you get on a strapless bra sometimes) to stop it sliding around. If you have one of those you don't have to worry about underwear, at least on the bottom.

In trampoline they (thankfully) don't care if your sports bra shows, but if I wanted to avoid it showing I always just wear a really well fitting and supportive ordinary bra with a Leo liner on top. It's nude so it covers any straps that might show anyway!

Maybe I'm weird but since college, I've gone commando under my leo. As for bras, my challenge has been finding supportive ones that don't show, since leos now seem so open at the top. I have heard very good things about Champion (as someone else has mentioned) and have asked Santa Claus to bring me one for Christmas (fingers crossed).

For undies I'm no help. But bras is always a struggle for me at the moment I wear a supportive padded bra like a casual one and then wear a tight sports bra with strait down straps not perfect but does the job

Even though they are pricey, I think GK is your best bet. Their undergarments are the best to use (IMO) and will last you a long time, so it's better than getting something cheaper that you don't like.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back