Coaches Athlete gifts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymcoach4

Coach
Proud Parent
This was posted on the parents forum, but I thought I'd add it here in case there are coaches that don't visit that page ;) Looking for affordable gifts for our team kids. We usually spend about $5 per athlete. We've done drawstring backpacks, water bottles, picture frames of our team colors... Any other good ideas?? We have both boys and girls...sometimes they all get the same gift (waterbottles) and sometimes they get different gifts...so any and all ideas welcome and appreciated!!

I don't know how old your kids are, but I'd also considered a book in the series Moceanu co-wrote. They were $4.50 ish. There were also cool posters and gymnastics tattoos but they couldn't get here in time.

For my gymnasts (I have 7 girls in my group, 12-13 years old), I bought notebook at the dollar store. The covers had glitters on them. I had a team picture printed for each of them. I also bought some adhesive tapes, that had also glitters on them, and I taped the picture on the notebook. They really liked it. Cost about 14$ for all of them.

We also made a gift exchange. I bought a wooden box at the dollar store (love that place ;) ) and I painted it in white with a gymnast on the top and some gymnastics related words beside it. It was a success! And that cost only 5$.

My tired humor attempt: I say get them all Lulu Lemon yoga tights they love!;) Thats the spirit, perhaps include a small gift of an Iphone6. :rolleyes: Slippery slope of gifts is like the slippery slope of bribery.

Seriously, I hand make Winter Holiday cards and include a pic of myself and my Port.Water Dogs for the team athletes. I make sure that the special note to the gymnast and their family includes thanks, recognition of their efforts/acheivements and goals. Thanks include being a "continued client." The notes were my task in-between the most recent meet sessions.

We do make a special point to remind the gymnasts that cards, family pics are welcomed, but that gifts to coaches/staff should be re-directed to be given to the community needy or to family.

Still tired, SBG -

I made grip bags for my girls (7-9) with their first initial in rhinestones. I like to sew, so it was a fun activity for me, and the materials were either cheap or things I already had on hand. Plus it was something all the girls needed.
For my pre-teamers (5-7), I just gave out a sheet of gymnast stickers that I got on sale for about $.75 a pack at Hobby Lobby.
The bigger team girls are getting nothing, but they do get a night off from practice to play around in the gym and to have snacks at practice. I think HC might have gotten them new wristbands.
I've done headbands in the past, and gym bag necessities like hair ties and tape are always good. What about bag tags for their gym bags? Gymnastics t-shirts- either your gym or general gymnastics- kids can't seem to get enough of those.
I got these for a prize bag I have:
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/217738349
There are lots of other necklaces, keychains, bag tags on etsy for cheap

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back