Parents You can go back, at least for awhile.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
We are in our old town, visiting. First, their old gym invited them to work out, free of charge, while we are here, and also invited them to the team holiday party.

Then my DD, who lost her grips somewhere along the trip, lucked out. She has big hands (wears a size 3!!) and the gym doesn't carry her size, so she thought she would have to skip bars (gym policy). Then a coach found a pair in her size in the lost and found, and she got to borrow them. What are the odds of grips that big in the lost and found?

Then, both DDs brought gifts for a gift exchange at the team Christmas party, but the HC forgot to tell me that they had secret Santa instead of the normal white elephant exchange. My kids were sad to have no one to give their gifts to, when a coach told them he had accidentally invited two rec kids to the party who felt left out and sad. My DDs were so happy to give the girls their gifts- it wasn't about them getting gifts back, and the girls were so happy to be included.

Finally, the gym owner was talking to me and I mentioned that her Sunday conditioning class was their favorite part of the gym. It had been canceled for the holiday break. She said, nope, they want to come I will come. She put tomorrow's class back on the schedule on the spot tonight for my girls.

It is nice being back, if only for a few days...

Wow!
I don't know that a lot of people can say that about an ex-gym!
They sound wonderful, glad you had a great experience.:)

Reactions: sce
Oh, we definitely can't. Less than 24 hours later, DD's name was off her locker and all her things thrown in lost and found. It's nice to hear a good story!

That's so sweet! DD regularly visits the HC at her old gym, but it's a smaller gym and was noncompetitive while she was there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back