Individual Routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SXS524

Coach
Gymnast
At Regional Club Grades does each gymnasts need to have their own unique floor routine? I'm entering a group of girls into club grade 6 but wondered whether it would be possible for some of them to have the same floor routine? I'd love for them to have individual ones but concerned that it's going to be quite time consuming to teach them all- if some of them had the same routine they could at least practice together.
Anyone know if there is a rule that gymnasts must have their own individual floor routine?

I don't know the rules but we have one club locally that competes all their gymnasts with the same music and routine, which is odd seeing 16 year olds doing teddy bear rolls !

That is odd! Feel sorry for the 16 year olds! I've seen clubs use the same routines at local rec floor and vault comps but not sure if the same applies to county WA comps :s

It was certainly possible under the previous grades system ie. this year. Our club definitely entered girls for regional grades with the same music and routine - I would see little groups of 3 or 4 learning the routine together. They didn't all have the same one, but they didn't all have their own either, it was broken into small groups.

I'm pretty sure that at this years compulsories there was at least one club which used the same music for their girls. I didn't pay enough attention to notice if it was the same moves, but presumably they were pretty similar.

It's also not uncommon for routines and music to be handed down, so I can't see how or why they would insist on individuality.

It is allowed and not frowned upon in any way. I know our club has done it in the past. We tried to do it so that 2 gymnasts had the same routine so out of a group of 8 there would be 4 routines to teach. When there are different age groups it's not so bad for the judges. We do try to give individual routines where possible though and especially at compulsory level as they are training more hours. Once they have moved up to level 4 or new grade 4 (regional or national) we try to give individual routines.

Thank you for the responses. I presumed it probably would be ok and hadn't thought it an issue until the HC mentioned whether it might be an issue. My club is new to WA comps so lots to learn!

Definitely not a rule against it! We sometimes do it although we try to keep maximum of 2 with the same music, otherwise you come home humming that piece of music for weeks after the competition, also when training imagine listening to one piece of music 30 times in one session 5 sessions a week, killer! ahah but no there's no rule against it and lots of clubs do it for lower levels

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back