Young Leaders Program

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

My oldest dd (turned 11 last week) has joined a young leaders program at her gym, she gets to help her coach and learn to plan out warm ups and games and she loves doing it, I think that by signing up to this program she will get the chance to learn a bit about coaching, help at competitions and help in recent, until dd told me about this I was unaware there was anything like this at gyms for older children.

Does anyone else's gym have programmes like this or have children that are involved with similar programs.

we find around 14 the girls who aren't going to make it competitively ( too old, too broken, too tall etc) but still want to remain an active part of the club drift into coaching, they can at 14 take their BAGA badge coaching course and 16 Level 1

The Young Leadership scheme is a national thing, organised by BG for girls age 11+. The scheme is quite well structured and 'Young Leadership academies' are supported by the regional officer.

Hope your dd enjoys it. I think it's a great idea and should look good on a cv as well as all the other benefits.

We have a leadership academy too. However we are yet to really get to off the ground as bg would like it. The majority have reached gold in my volunteering but we have found it difficult to get everyone on courses for my leadership/development.

We have had volunteers at the British trampolining and tumbling and British acro champs as well as artistic national finals. Being west mids based has been pretty useful as these have been in Birmingham, Coventry and Stoke on Trent.

We were hoping to get quite a lot of our young leaders to bronze in all areas so that they could do the 'my project' part this Christmas but not many have reached it. I don't think it helps that our academy is so big, but perhaps we will get it off the ground more next year!

Dd's coach is the leader of the leadership academy. I have no idea of what is involved in the leadership academy except the little I have read on BG website, dd didn't go to the initial meeting as we were away on holiday, can anyone give me some info I can pass on to dd on what it involved?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back