Off Topic Healthy Recipes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All full turns on beam look tipsy.............

I would love it! My ds eats really well, but I eat horribly. Thus the extra fluff I carry daily....

I came across this thread looking for healthy ideas,,,,
then I saw Gymnastics Beerfest, and watching a meet with a gin & tonic,,,
And realized that next week I can have a glass of wine while watching DD at our resort meet. And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to breathe while I watch beam ;)

But I'm still more interested in Drunken Gymnastics! LOL!

One of my teammates swears she was still drunk from a birthday party on a Sunday morning meet last season. Says it helped a lot with the nerves. She was a little irritated by the curvy beam they used that day though.
The entire mens team was drunk more than once in training. I totally believe that.

Love this idea! I'm a food lover, so anything food related calls my name. And with eating several meals on the run a week, I'm always up for some new ideas for myself.

University tramp comps here are pretty much designed to have drunk competitors.... Usually synchro on Saturday afternoon (hopefully sober), then the social, usually including drinking games on Saturday night, with the individual competition from some ungodly hour on Sunday morning. Last year someone wrote on a Facebook group for one of them after the timetable was released 'can we please not have elites on at 9am, it's not safe!' I laughed, until I realised that it meant that MY category would be on at 9!

Personally I've never competed drunk but I HAVE competed severely hungover @marie83 it totally does help with the nerves! (The only thing on my mind was getting through ten skills without vomiting. Took the pressure off a little bit!) and I won...

University tramp comps here are pretty much designed to have drunk competitors.... Usually synchro on Saturday afternoon (hopefully sober), then the social, usually including drinking games on Saturday night, with the individual competition from some ungodly hour on Sunday morning. Last year someone wrote on a Facebook group for one of them after the timetable was released 'can we please not have elites on at 9am, it's not safe!' I laughed, until I realised that it meant that MY category would be on at 9!

Personally I've never competed drunk but I HAVE competed severely hungover it totally does help with the nerves! (The only thing on my mind was getting through ten skills without vomiting. Took the pressure off a little bit!) and I won...

Ah, the fond memories of hungover university trampolining! My university were quite proud of ourselves when we won the Boat Race drinking game at the social but didn't get any medals at the comp the next day. I really don't know how the elites pull off those routines whilst hungover- one of our students somehow managed to compete a half out for the first time in years whilst having one of the worst hangovers of her life.

Ah, the fond memories of hungover university trampolining! My university were quite proud of ourselves when we won the Boat Race drinking game at the social but didn't get any medals at the comp the next day. I really don't know how the elites pull off those routines whilst hungover- one of our students somehow managed to compete a half out for the first time in years whilst having one of the worst hangovers of her life.
I think a good hangover focuses the mind... You're so aware that you could die, that you try harder than when you're sober ;)

Personally I've never competed drunk but I HAVE competed severely hungover @marie83 it totally does help with the nerves! (The only thing on my mind was getting through ten skills without vomiting. Took the pressure off a little bit!) and I won...
Totally tagged the wrong person! (And I promise it's not because I'm drunk or hungover!) That should have been @Redford

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back