WAG Finally got the giant

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kayjaybe

Proud Parent
I had posted a while ago about dd's fear of her giant. She finally is doing them on her own. They aren't pretty....but that will come. I'm just so happy she's enjoying practicing again and looks forward to working her new routines.

She had her first L7 meet this weekend. No medals, but she only had 2 weeks to learn all of her routines, so I think just competing all events and actually doing the giant in competition is the biggest win of all. Oh, and she did qualify for states!

I know this isn't pretty, but I'm so excited I had to share: http://youtu.be/wZ4rY_oM3x4

Awesome job! The floor routine looks great, especially for so early in the season. And bars isn't half bad for just learning giants. I wish my kiddos would go for their casts like that!
I must have missed this, but why only 2 weeks to learn the routines? That makes it all the more impressive.

Awesome job! The floor routine looks great, especially for so early in the season. And bars isn't half bad for just learning giants. I wish my kiddos would go for their casts like that!
I must have missed this, but why only 2 weeks to learn the routines? That makes it all the more impressive.

They started her as a L5 this season (for her 3rd year at that level) because she didn't have the giant. Our gym requires it for move-up. She was really close to having the giant (although bent) on her own in early December, so they moved her up! She first started working on her floor routine on Dec. 7! She didn't do a full bar routine without a spot until 2 practices before the meet.

She wished she had scored better on all events, but I was so proud of her for going for it on bars and for just getting through the routines with such a short time with them.

Great job for a first meet doing giants! She went for the cast handstand too! Last year my DD casted over 4 times doing her cast handstand on the high bar.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back