Off Topic Is anyone else getting redirected to spam?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Faith

Coach
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Seems to be mainly diet "lose a million stone in one week" sites.

Coinciding with the appearance of the healthy eating forum?

It happens when ever I click a thread, it flashes up briefly then redirects to the spam site.

@JBS @bogwoppit is it me or the site?

I haven't had that happen. Although halfway through today I got a new specialness, haven't yet checked if it's happening on non-ipad devices.
I don't know who's pic this is either which is of course going to drive me crazy...

image.jpg

no, but i have adblock installed on my computer which may help. it gets rid of all the ads, banners & popups on sites like this and throughout the web. its free and totally safe software to install. might try it! https://adblockplus.org/

I have pop ups blocked on the laptop, this is happening on the mobile. Will try and screenshot if it happens again :)

This is what I get :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 38
Interesting indeed. I think the chick in the first one is photoshopped!! :cool:
Is it even the same girl? If it's not photoshopped she's certainly had some, um, enhancements.

I once saw one of these ads on Facebook and one of the commenters tagged someone in it and said they were using her images without permission and shed worked really hard to lose the weight, going to the gym etc. Looks like they grab people's FB status update photos.

This has happened to me on both my iPad and my phone. I get redirected to some diet site and something else. I closed the browser and started again, but it has now happened several times.

It would be strange that adware creeped on to both my devices at the same time though. They are not connected in any way and it has happened on both of them.

Happened to me repeatedly today trying to get on MeetScoresOnline website to follow the live scores at our meet. We cleared all the stored web data from safari on my iPhone and that finally fixed it. It's really strange!

MSO was having some serious issues this afternoon. For long periods of time we could not get through to see results, and publishing during our meet was failing for a time. I think they have some significant capacity issues and now that so many meets are using them, their servers can't keep up.

Still doesn't explain the weird redirects. I've only ever encountered that when a host was infected with adware, and that only with desktops. Now it's possible that one or two of the ads on the MSO site was doing things in javascript that they ought not to be doing.

The redirects are coming from a Google ad, that is what allspark forum was able to figure out. The redirect is written into an ad that displays on forums, that is why it is happening everywhere.

Google says they are aware of the issue.

Coz, how interesting! Obviously one pic is mine, but then there's another one creeping in under mine! Does it happen on all my posts?

Does anybody notice the skin colors on the girl is different in each pic? Maybe its just the lighting, or she got a tan, but

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back