Leotard

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Alright so I don't know if it's just mine but my leo, no matter how many times I hand wash it, still smells like sweat :( Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know how I can get rid of this stink?

Alright so I don't know if it's just mine but my leo, no matter how many times I hand wash it, still smells like sweat :( Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know how I can get rid of this stink?
How are you washing it? Lots of Leo manufacturers tell you to 'hand wash in cold water with no detergent' which does very little... Most of mine get thrown in the washing machine regardless of what the label says, but my most expensive comp Leo's get hand washed in warm water with mild detergent by me. Make sure that you are really working the bits that get sweaty when you wash it, and make sure that you are washing it EVERY time you wear it, or it will take on a more permanent smell!

How are you washing it? Lots of Leo manufacturers tell you to 'hand wash in cold water with no detergent' which does very little... Most of mine get thrown in the washing machine regardless of what the label says, but my most expensive comp Leo's get hand washed in warm water with mild detergent by me. Make sure that you are really working the bits that get sweaty when you wash it, and make sure that you are washing it EVERY time you wear it, or it will take on a more permanent smell!
I wash it in cold water with detergent

is it a comp leo or do you just wear it for training?

If it's not your comp leo (or possibly even if it is) then I might be tempted to try it in the washing machine (inside out, in a pillowcase or a lingerie mesh bag) on a gentle handwash cycle.

If the choice is to throw it away or never wear it because it stinks or risk it in the washing machine, then risk it. If you need to keep it pristine for comps then I would hand wash it again and leave it to soak for a little while before going over the bits that get really sweaty, under the arms etc.

Good luck!

is it a comp leo or do you just wear it for training?

If it's not your comp leo (or possibly even if it is) then I might be tempted to try it in the washing machine (inside out, in a pillowcase or a lingerie mesh bag) on a gentle handwash cycle.

If the choice is to throw it away or never wear it because it stinks or risk it in the washing machine, then risk it. If you need to keep it pristine for comps then I would hand wash it again and leave it to soak for a little while before going over the bits that get really sweaty, under the arms etc.

Good luck!

It's for training. I'm pretty sure that you can't smell it if you're standing next to me. You can only smell it if u like try to smell it. I don't know it still bothers me. Thanks though! And by the way is there a way to delete this thread?

If it's just for training then I'd put it in the washing machine. I wash all of my training Leo's (including ones from gk and with foil, crystals etc) in the washing machine on the quick wash cycle which takes about half an hour and is a low temperature (I think 30 or 40 degrees). They have always come out fine and if it's just for training and it comes out a tiny bit less shiny or something (this has never happened to me) then it doesn't really matter anyway. Idk about deleting a thread - pm one of the mods

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back