Off Topic Kid friendly movie ideas?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! So I'm in charge of movie nights for an organization at my college but the movies have to be kid friendly and still enjoyed by college kids. I don't really watch movies so I don't have a lot of ideas. Do any of you have any good movie ideas?

So far I have:
Up
Princess Diaries (not enjoyed by the boys as much!)
Remember the Titans

Thanks for any and all help!

The Blind Side
Stick It
The Color of Friendship
A League of Their Own
Shrek (any in the series)
Back to the Future (any in the series)
Brother Bear

Despicable Me, Wall-E, Kung Fu Panda, Wreck it Ralph- any of those types of movies seem to go over well for various age groups. I worked at a camp that would have movie nights when weather was bad and the college counselors seemed to enjoy it as much as the kids.
Sports movies are good too, and I say this as someone who isn't particularly interested in any sport other than gymnastics. Rudy, Miracle, We Are Marshall. I'm sure there are more.

The Lego Movie
Big Hero 6
Night at the Museum
Despicable me (both 1 and 2)
Muppets Most Wanted
Mr Peabody and Sherman

Or go old school
Back to the Future
Karate Kid (the original)
ET

Watch it with the 80s films. I threw in Annie the other day for a group I had and was surprised at the language and some innuendos I had missed the last time I watched it! A friend said she threw in Back to the Future Part II and there was more cursing than she remembered.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!
I did know that about 80s movies so that's why I wanted to get suggestions instead of just going with movies that I thought would probably be fine.

I was going to suggest The Princess Bride as well.
I love that movie but have not yet showed it to my now 10yo and 13yo. They are both sensitive kind the the ROUSs would be the end of the movie for them.

I was also careful about which 80s movies I suggested. The 3 I suggested my kids have seen. There are others I would not show them due to language etc.

coraline, nightmare before christmas, corpse bride, 9, frankenweeny, beetlejuice, ghostbusters 1 & 2, addams family movies....note : coraline can also come in 3d so uy a while bunch of 3d glasses for all of the kids, turn out the lights and have a ball lol...everyones favorite - frozen haha, umm, brave, they might like an older movie called batteries not included, monster house, over the hedge, the chipmunks movies, the smurfs movies....just to name a few.

Dodgeball has some bad language, but I love that movie so much. Same thing with Zoolander. I was going to say Princess Bride as well!

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back