Off Topic Appendicitis

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

1st practice back. Went really well. Vaulted pretty well. Modified beam routine. Instead of scratching beam next week HC says she will leave out BWO and lose the .5 value element to see where the routine is rather than replace it with an ugly RO or Cartwheel. She did some leaps and easy tumbling passes. Coach says she will not even touch bars until next week. Overall pretty good for 2 weeks post op. 4 meets in 5 weeks I hope she can compete bars sometime this season. Her best event last year.

I wish I could offer you more advice on what to expect.. My dd had her surgery June 3- she got all of her level 8 skills back by mid July.. ( so that is about 6 weeks) she fractured her elbow the week after getting her skills back. But I would guess your daughter will be back to where she was in another month give or take a week or so....

Depends on a lot of things but you will probably be looking at about a month and then a little bit more time to get used to her skills again. She might be ready to compete in the 2nd meet though :)

Depends on a lot of things but you will probably be looking at about a month and then a little bit more time to get used to her skills again. She might be ready to compete in the 2nd meet though :)
Um, not to be mean lol, but did you even notice this post was from last year? The issue is probably resolved by now :)

Thanks, it's been about 1 month now. She went back to practice after 2 weeks. But no walkover or bars until 3 weeks later. Competed all 4 events without restrictions. Had Brochitis for about three weeks, better now still a little winded by event 4. She had her second meet this weekend and had her lowest score in two years on bars but her highest beam score at 9.25 even with the BWO. She has a third meet Friday her goal is a 37. Her highest AA was 35. 8. That girl has a lot of confidence lol I will keep you posted. I just hope she competes cleanly and safely.

Thanks Emma you were pretty close about 1 month out and pretty much back to normal.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back