MAG How many meets?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

samsmama

Proud Parent
How many meets do your boys compete at each season? Our Level 4s are doing four meets plus states this season, and I know the coach intentionally went with fewer meets because this is the boys' first season.

I looked at what a few competing teams are doing and their L4s are doing 6-10 meets per season (plus states). Just curious about what others do.

Our optional boys have 7 plus states. Compulsary have 6 plus states.

5 meets plus state and regionals as applies. Pretty average for the 4 seasons my boys have competed. We'll miss one meet due to that weekend already having 2 violin performances prior to meet schedule coming out. Frankly, I feel this is plenty per year - unless someone could convince the system to lengthen comp season - to have any more meets we'd have to travel at least 3-4 hours each week! Plus I've found the boys make only small improvements over the 2 months of comp season, unless there's been an injury (like this year) - so I can't imagine doing too many more.

For our team we are doing 4 qualifier meets, 3 invitationals, plus leagues (half the state), states, and regionals.

Level 9, we're doing 6 invitationals plus state, regionals, Nationals (with a lot of luck)

Reactions: sce
Last year we did 4 plus states. I think that is plenty for L4-5. This year 5 plus states (L4-6) Upper levels have an extra meet plus regionals plus possible nationals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back