WAG Growth spurts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gopuckgo

Coach
Proud Parent
My daughter is in the midst of a nasty growth spurt that is affecting her horribly. I've tried researching all of the effects of growth on the body, learning , etc. there is not a lot out there that is gymnastic specific. I'm noticing everything from dazed and confused, to tired and lethargic, to loss of strength and power. Has anyone else seen this with their athlete and how long does it take before the zombie awakens to normal? She has never experienced anything like this before and it also affecting schooling too.

Each child is different so how know show long it will last. I did feel my son stalled out in the gym for several months, not losing skills but not gaining either. Sounds like your dd needs more sleep though. My kids have gone through big growth spurts and it has effected them in the gym, as they had to learn to use a bigger body, but they are not having issues being dazed, confused or lethargic. They do sleep more during growth spurts as well as, need lots of extra calories to keep them going.

Lots of strength flexibility and patience. Stay on the lookout for balking, more then once in workout go directly to another skill act like u don't care. :)

Reactions: sce
I've never had a growth spurt per say, I've just growing at a steady rate but I recently grew half an inch and was completely thrown off by it! My skills went all over the place, I was losing skills I'd had for a long time! I also lost a lot of flexibility and injured my hamstring from stretching to much to get the flexibility back. Growing and sports just don't mix!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back