WAG Summer gymnastics camps costs?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OP, I'm not sure your general location but if you are close enough to Woodward, I would definitely suggest that. I only have experience with the Woodward in PA but I bet the other location(s?) Are similar.

Woodward has lots of fun things to do that aren't gymnastics but also lot of open gym time with very good coaches. Your DD would be in a cabin with a cabin mom so she would definitely make sure your DD was getting where she needed to go and that she was having a good time!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about woodward...I went there for a lot of summers and know a bunch of people who have worked there (I actually got hired there but then decided to take college classes in the summer to get ahead.)

Thanks!
I agree, but it was her idea so I thought I'd at least check it out. We're just visiting my Dad who is a snowbird, so there's going to be a lot of just hanging out-no real agenda. When we did Disney last summer it wasn't even a thought. I would only let her go 2 or 3 times. I was just wondering if this was common? The gym's website seemed to cater to it. Again, no big deal if she can't! Thanks for your input :)

My girls went to more workouts over Christmas break while on vacation than they normally have at home. They loved it. I would ask your DDs coach and if they don't mind, go for it. My kids idea of a vacation IS gymnastics, and nothing but. Ha ha

Our gym has had gymnasts from out of town come in for one or two workouts. As for camps, instead of asking if she can go...ask what camp he/she would recommend for a week in the summer. Then you will know the HC feelings on camps without asking if it's OK or not.
Oh, you're a wise one... :) thanks
OP, I'm not sure your general location but if you are close enough to Woodward, I would definitely suggest that. I only have experience with the Woodward in PA but I bet the other location(s?) Are similar.

Woodward has lots of fun things to do that aren't gymnastics but also lot of open gym time with very good coaches. Your DD would be in a cabin with a cabin mom so she would definitely make sure your DD was getting where she needed to go and that she was having a good time!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about woodward...I went there for a lot of summers and know a bunch of people who have worked there (I actually got hired there but then decided to take college classes in the summer to get ahead.)
Thank you! Yes, that would a a reasonable drive also.

Our gym has had gymnasts from out of town come in for one or two workouts. As for camps, instead of asking if she can go...ask what camp he/she would recommend for a week in the summer. Then you will know the HC feelings on camps without asking if it's OK or not.
Oh, you're a wise one... :) thanks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back