Competition time 2015

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Frase

Proud Parent
Well our grades preparation kicks off this weekend with the first of 2 pre-grades competitions before the big event in March. Anyone else's competitions for their little ones imminent?

Our girls have a qualifier on Thursday evening, then a control comp on 15th Feb. Regional comps start in March. Club 6/5 and regional 4 on 7th/8th March and compulsory 5,4,3,2,1, national 4,3,2,1 and regional 3,2 and 1 on 21st and 22nd March

Busy Marie !

Mine might be doing 3 lots of grades this year in 3 disciplines, I have yet to have it confirmed, so we kick off in February - much joy !

No comps for DD before grades on 1st March, just lots and lots of practice. Still no definite yay or nay if she'll be allowed to actually compete, several skills need a polish to get the ok, so it's still a waiting game.

Regardless, her floor music already getting on my nerves though! :)

Mine may have Miss Alpha factor beginning of March, but it's not been confirmed yet, she will the do compulsory 5 in April, but nothing before then. Quite excited as this is her first year competing, other than novice and voluntaries last year

Glad DDs routines need some work we have 3 months til regionals (we are very late compared to most). It is going to be a long 3 months. DD has her first v early morning comp this weekend, why start at 7.30am, well at least we will be finished in time for Sunday brunch!

Yes we got confirmation that my dd will be doing grade 5 in March tonight she was so excited running out after practice tonight with her little piece of paper! Good luck to your dds

We've been told our clubs not doing alpha factor as previously planned, due to different rules..? So just compulsory 5 for my dd and voluntaries in April.
..VERY nervous about watching the beam routine

That's a shame, gives them chance to compete it before April. Mine had it confirmed yesterday that she is doing miss alpha factor.

We are doing Alpha Factor south but like Abfab our level 5s are not coming as our region has different comp 5 requirements to East region

Glad DDs routines need some work we have 3 months til regionals (we are very late compared to most). It is going to be a long 3 months. DD has her first v early morning comp this weekend,
why start at 7.30am, well at least we will be finished in time for Sunday brunch!
There's a great cafe at the gym. Full breakfasts, snacks, main meals etc. The coffee is really good and I've heard the caramel slice is pretty amazing although I obviously have absolutely no personal experience of this myself whatsoever - none *cough*

We were going to alpha factor angel of the North with our national and regional grades girls but I am away unfortunately and nobody else can go. Our elites probably won't quite be ready and we didn't want to confuse the comp 5 girls by teaching them new routines for 1 comp. It's a shame, but maybe next year!

Our compulsories are end of March, only a few weeks after the alpha factor comp. So probably a sensible decision to leave it, given it would have meant different routines!

Think the coaches are really putting every effort into them doing well at compulsories. Hours have gone up again and they just seem to be working them really hard! My DD is loving it thankfully, but I feel for her..the little I see of her training looks absolutely exhausting!!

Sometimes I feel we really don't belong in some of these conversations - we don't do much out of county stuff, but we are doing grades. Good luck to all the girls at Alpha factor, I know last year we had some Chalkbucket winners so keep up the good work and we will cheer vicariously from the sidelines !

We arnt doing miss alpha factor this year, first comp will be compulsory 4 in march with no practise comps before then. Good luck frase this weekend and anyone else competing soon

We are doing Alpha Factor south but like Abfab our level 5s are not coming as our region has different comp 5 requirements to East region

Its interesting how different regions have different rules for compulsory 5, the East region have a really high standard of gymnasts and think the strap bar giant routine really helps prepare them for comp 4 levels.
There is also a big variation in Voluntary rules in each region am glad BG have standardised judging criteria for regional events.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back