Parents Bracing for the tears

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twinmomma

Proud Parent
DD is going to find out with the rest of her team tonight that her beloved coach is leaving. This will be the second coach in just over a year (her Xcel head coach left just before competitions started to start nursing school, and this coach is the younger of the two L3/team coaches). My heart is breaking because DD adores this coach. I realize this is something she has to get used to in this sport, but she is very attached to this coach and I know it is going to be rough. I'm not looking forward to pick up tonight.

Awww, my dd has been through a couple of tough coaching changes too. It's always hard. Is it her actual last day today? If not, have dd make her a card or picture to let her know how much she means to her. I think that helped my dd.

It is her last day. We chose not to tell the few girls whose parents were told before hand because we didn't want that to be the focus for a full week at the gym because we knew they would all be upset. We are friends with her on Facebook and she is also a judge so she will get to see them at some point. My DD still carries a team picture with her old coach in it as a "good luck" charm in her gym bag at meets so my guess is we'll have a new pic added.

It stinks when a beloved coach leaves. When one of my daughter's trusted coach left, it affected her deeply. But after some discussion with her, I told her to think about all the wonderful skills she had been taught, corrections she had been given, and fun they had together and that she could honor her coach by doing her best gymnastics. That really seemed to help her.

Sorry for the delay in replying - we were on vacation all week.

DD did exactly what I expected- stoic and fine in the gym, and 5 min into the drive home fell apart. The emotional side lasted all the way into the next day. She's back in the gym tonight after being all week at Disney so hopefully she's fine. She held it together in the gym even with other girls crying. Then, with her crying, my son started to cry because he doesn't like when ANYONE is crying - he's very sensitive to it. So between the two of them I started crying. We were a hot mess!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back