Qualifying as a Junior

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

peginer

Proud Parent
My DD missed making the score for Elite Canada by .199. Kind of disappointing for sure. My question is, how do you qualify to compete as a Junior for Nationals? Is that completely out for her this year because she missed Elite Canada? She still has an opportunity next year and already since EC trials she has upped her difficulty significantly. Thanks in advance for any info!! Can't seem to find what I need on the gymcan website and her coach tried to explain as best he could but I'm still unclear.

I looked on the gym Canada website, gym BC and gym Ontario and all I found was that from Ontario, the provincial championships is the qualifier for Novice and Open athletes. Only HP Juniors go to nationals. Remember this is only my interpretation of what I could find, I might be wrong. There's a first time for everything.

;p

Finding documentation on the elite program in Canada is impossible. They seem to guard it like gold bricks. The best hope is coaches (if they will tell you) and parents who have been there.

Thanks ladies. That's about all I can find too. Talked to DD's coach again, and Elite Canada is only way to qualify as a junior for nationals, but the exact criteria for who they choose is a mystery. I think top however many make it for sure and after that it's based on however gymcan decides. That's the info I want to find out.

I think your coach should have tried to petition her I to elite canada as her score was so darn close.

Kat

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back