WAG 9.5 wall

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Anyone else have one of these? This is our first year doing it and we have the Beam Wall of Fame and the Stars of Bars. Got our first 9.5 on vault today so I'm looking for a creative name. Any ideas?

Ours used to be the "Star Board". Didn't do it this year.

At our old location, we had a 9.0 Wall ... a silhouette of a gymnast on each event... each in its own space on the back wall. Every time a girl earned a 9 in a meet, she got a "Hand on the Wall" ... a red handprint... then HC used a Sharpie to write her name, date of the meet, and exact score.
We are SUPPOSED to be getting a screen print of these for the current location, but it hasn't happened yet and we have been in the gym for over a year now.

If we had to wait for a 9.5, there wouldn't be many handprints at all (1 on floor so far this season and 1 on vault back in 10/11 season and that is all in 7+ years).

I suppose it's different from state to state. We've had 5 meets so far this season and have 6 9.5s on beam (4 of them are 9.6s), 2 on bars (9.6s) and one on vault. My girls do well but 9s are not at all uncommon.
I'm thinking I like Vaulting Victories. I do like Runway Rockstars but we already have stars on bars.
Thanks everyone!

I have little titles that I give the girls depending their favorite/best events. They like having the title and it makes them feel individualized. It also helps the team spirit more because they each feel like they contribute their "specialty" during meets. I only give one title to a girl at a time, but they do change from time to time. Here are the titles:
  • Vault Flyers
  • Bar Technicians
  • Beam Queens
  • Floor Artists

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back