Changes to the WAG program.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anyone know when comps start for level 5 in WA? I've had 2 coaches tell me two different things lol. Also, do they still need to badge test?

Does anyone know when comps start for level 5 in WA? I've had 2 coaches tell me two different things lol. Also, do they still need to badge test?
Have you checked the event calendar on gym wa?
In nsw it's around June - after senior state championships is out of the way.

The loftus challenge in July seems to be the first one. Though could be invitationals before then.

I was sneakily watching (my DD hates me watching) the L3's doing the new beam the other day. Lots of pretty poses which coach spent so much time adjusting! I guess the girls have lots of work there. The skill bits he seemed fine with (jumps/leaps/turns etc) or was just not focusing on those. Looked great to me anyway!

My DD says they have started on the floor routine too but I haven't seen anything. They only do warm-ups and beam during the wait for my DS to do his 1 hour rec class!

Same same, struggling along, just don't have enough training hours to get everything done!

Underwings on bars seem to be tough, but the girls are picking up the floor routines not to badly, thank goodness because by the time we work on skills there isn't much time to allocate for routines!

Still a bit of time before the first comp so anything could happen/ we might be ready haha!

Will have a few who will have a big wake up call after first comp I think, but at least they chose to compete that level so it isn't us coaches fault if they have to skip skills/ don't do well! Might give them some incentive to train harder/more and make decisions for themselves not just based on what their friends are doing!

Same same, struggling along, just don't have enough training hours to get everything done!

Underwings on bars seem to be tough, but the girls are picking up the floor routines not to badly, thank goodness because by the time we work on skills there isn't much time to allocate for routines!

Still a bit of time before the first comp so anything could happen/ we might be ready haha!

Will have a few who will have a big wake up call after first comp I think, but at least they chose to compete that level so it isn't us coaches fault if they have to skip skills/ don't do well! Might give them some incentive to train harder/more and make decisions for themselves not just based on what their friends are doing!

Yep, floor is about all DD has going for her at the moment. We've had a coach change, training day changes resulting in a very full gym with not enough time to work on anything because there's too many kids, and a few other issues which I won't make public, but leaving me wondering if it's all worth it.

My dd said she saw the level 3 floor today and that it was awesome!
I am rather skeptical having seen 4 and 5, but want to see it now!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back