Parents Bad bruise

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yuenling

Proud Parent
Has anyone else had a child get a bad bone bruise but no fracture? The doctor looked at the MRI and called it a stress reaction. When I look in Google, it sounds like the healing time can be up to a year. The doctor will look at my daughters foot in 2 weeks. In the meantime, I can't help but wonder what his prognosis will be. He did, however, warn me that if she uses it , it might not heal properly or worse, it can turn into a fracture.

If your child has had a bruise, can you tell me how bad it hurt and how much it swelled, for how long, and when did he/she go back to her normal activities, and if there was still pain at that time?

No bruise for my daughter, but there is a girl in the gym going thru this now...bone bruise at the heel. In the simple terms of the girl's mom (an MD), a bone bruise is practically a non-avulsed fracture--that is, the bone has been stressed practically to the point of fracture.

Can't tell you how much pain, though she could not put substantial weight on her heel for over a week. Injury was about 5 weeks ago--she just got back to vault and floor this week.

@OzZee - one for you to help with?

Yuenling - I don't think I'd pay too much heed to what you find by googling. Your gymnast's case may be different to what they're talking about. Each case is individual. Go with what your doctor says, and if you don't think it is good advice, get another opinion.

I hope your daughter is not in too much pain and that it does indeed heal quickly.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back