Parents Gymnastic Gyms in Barcelona, Spain

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

RangerDad

Proud Parent
My wife and I are currently in college (After 14 yrs in the military) and we will like to study abroad for a semester in Spain. We currently planning to start homeschooling for DD so that's not a issue.

My question:

Information about gyms in Spain that she can train for at least 5 months during the fall semester?

Any experiences or opinions about Spain Gymnastics Federation?

Recommendations or stories about vacations experiences and training in Europe?

Thank you for all the help and advice,

Sincerely,
Rd

What an exciting adventure for your family!! I have no advice on how to go about figuring out all the logistics but CB has many international friends on here who might be of service!

How did the move out west go? Did your DD end up competing this fall? Hope she had a good season!

She made the team in December so she has almost 10 month of training before competing. She trains around 9 hours a week (I don't know how that compares to others in the area for level 3) and we are thinking of doing dance once a week.

The move still on going, but we are finally set in an apartment next to the college and the only other responsibility is gymnastics. The gym doesn't offer TOPS but we spoke to the director and she explained her reasoning to us and we are ok with it.

Now trying to figure out how to continue her training while traveling. We'll see!

I don't know about training in Spain. I do know that fall is the compulsory season, so she will miss her first meet season if you are gone during the fall. Might not be a big deal, but just wanted to be sure you knew.

Yes,
The other option is for only one of us be gone at a time. Makes sense, thank you for the heads-up!

"Strive for perfection, Achieve excellence"

My wife and I are currently in college (After 14 yrs in the military) and we will like to study abroad for a semester in Spain. We currently planning to start homeschooling for DD so that's not a issue.

My question:

Information about gyms in Spain that she can train for at least 5 months during the fall semester?

Any experiences or opinions about Spain Gymnastics Federation?

Recommendations or stories about vacations experiences and training in Europe?

Thank you for all the help and advice,

Sincerely,
Rd

Deferr has taken the helm there. they have a good system. you'll need someone to interpret this. their list of clubs is on this site.

http://www.rfegimnasia.es/

Thanks!!! Nosotros hablamos español, pero mi hija tendría un poco de problemas. Muchas gracias :)

I don't know about training in Spain. I do know that fall is the compulsory season, so she will miss her first meet season if you are gone during the fall. Might not be a big deal, but just wanted to be sure you knew.

what?
Thanks!!! Nosotros hablamos español, pero mi hija tendría un poco de problemas. Muchas gracias :)

de nada. :)

Dunno - I believe the poster is in CA, where compulsory season(and compulsory state championships) are in the fall.

Reactions: sce
What a great opportunity !

The only issue I might envisage is language. Barcelona is the capital of the Catalan region and in my experience most people there are staunchly Catalan, and will speak Catalan, not Castillian Spanish.

I would look into enroling your daughter in school for the term to allow her to make friends and learn the language more quickly.

Barcelona is a great city.

What a great opportunity !

The only issue I might envisage is language. Barcelona is the capital of the Catalan region and in my experience most people there are staunchly Catalan, and will speak Catalan, not Castillian Spanish.

I would look into enroling your daughter in school for the term to allow her to make friends and learn the language more quickly.

Barcelona is a great city.

I agree Margo, Barcelona is probably my favourite city to visit. Their political situation is much like Quebecs and Catalan is definitely the language you need. Though you can get by in Spanish and English.

School is a great idea.

My south American cousin and his wife live in a coastal village near Barcelona and they found the language issue a bit of a problem when they first moved. As you say Bog, like Quebec. When I went to Uni in the North of France we would often go to Belgium on Sundays as it was Open ! If we went to Mons, Brussles or Charleroi we would speak French, Ghent, Brugge etc we would speak English to get a better reception .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back