Parents Pubic bone bruise

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmom82773

Proud Parent
I have a 12 year old L9 who has been struggling on bars after coming back from hand surgery . She has developed this very painful bruise right above her pubic area that swells at times . This bruise is making it hard for her to push into the bar to make handstands leading to pirouettes . Any suggestions to help ? She has a meet sunday and she is trying to qualify for states . It's been a rough season , she only has 2 meets left . The other 3 events are doing pretty well . Bars has caused a lot of anxiety and mental stress for her and this bruise isn't helping !! Thanks everyone !

Make a small donut shaped pad out of foam and wear bar shorts with that stuck in. Or some girls put a wrist band down in bar shorts. The donut is better because it allows the hole to be over the bruise and protect it. And ice it!!!!

My DD had the same issue. You can't wear shorts at a meet nor does a wrist band look great at meets. We took a thin gel shoe insert, cut to size and taped over the area. She wore it to her meet with no issue.

this^^^^

This works, purchase a neoprene back brace that velcros wround, have her wear it every day in workout as a skirt, velcro overlap in front. I have a few kids that do this every year, it WORKS. At the meet they wear nothing becasue they usually feel totally fine and are healed. Wearing padding underneath a Leo can and will get a deduction at meets, I have seen it with other teams and watched the judges concure and make a big deal of it. I felt bad for the kids (yes most of the team), but thought the coaches were complete idiots at the same time...

add, the team and coaches in question actually had a 1 inch slice of foam under each leo, which was very obvious.....

No advice, but my DD experienced this a few months ago and it was hard. Glad to see others have piped in.

Sending positive thoughts your way:)

Could she just use the padding for practice and even warmups and just go without for the actual competition? Hope it heals up soon for her, that's tough.

If you use it in workout it eliminates the problem.

My daughter had this, to the point where it was a hard raised line all across the area where the bar hits. It is super common, HC suggested the foam and bar shorts, which we did (used a piece of a block from the pit). In a couple of weeks she was healed up ; no need to wear it at meets.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back