Parents States Rant

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OrangeArt

Proud Parent
Feeling frustrated that we still don't have the schedule for states yet, and its a little over a week away! And to make matters worse, the qualify score was changed the day rosters were due, which I'm sure is delaying everything :( That's all. Anyone else in PA that feels my pain???

Not in PA, but our states are also next weekend, and no schedule yet. I wasn't expecting it yet though, they usually post about a week before, so I think it should be up tomorrow or Sunday.
I just really hope we are not in Sunday 8AM session. This would be the worse. With the time change that weekend, we would have to get up at 4 am.

feel sorry for you, nothing is more frustrating than ineffiient administration.

i understand your remark but you don't know what's required for a JO meet here in the states. in fact, they are very efficient. all meet info is required to be out no later than 1 week prior.

in most cases, you're talking about state meets that could have 1,000 kids. and the compulsory meets can be combined making even MORE kids on the week end. :)

i understand your remark but you don't know what's required for a JO meet here in the states. in fact, they are very efficient. all meet info is required to be out no later than 1 week prior.

in most cases, you're talking about state meets that could have 1,000 kids. and the compulsory meets can be combined making even MORE kids on the week end. :)

AND in some states kids can still qualify up to the weekend before the state meet. Makes it impossible to put out a final schedule until that weekends competitions have concluded.

One week prior? That doesn't sound like much when you are a parent who might have to organise flights, hotels, time off work, other children etc . Could they not make qualifications finish sooner?

Last edited:
Here, for state, you know the weekend, and the venue, months in advance. Just not your exact time. And in our state, no one would need to fly to the meet. Regionals is different. We have to register right after state.....

Im also in PA, I have the weekend its on, but not what day DD is competing, and that makes it hard as I need to know so I can try to get off work. Are you western or eastern? PM me so you arent telling which to the public lol

Oh, and to top things off, I try to go the the hosting gyms website to see if they have any info, and I cant get there as it is considered malware on my comp and it wont let me go to the page. Isnt it lovely? lol

Skschlag, yes I know the weekend, but the day is important too for finalizing the hotel, and I'll possibly need to get coverage at work to be off... Changing the qualifying score the same day that final rosters were due just seems a little unorganized. Though, I'm glad they felt they could include more girls.

Not in PA, but our states are also next weekend, and no schedule yet. I wasn't expecting it yet though, they usually post about a week before, so I think it should be up tomorrow or Sunday.
I just really hope we are not in Sunday 8AM session. This would be the worse. With the time change that weekend, we would have to get up at 4 am.

We just got our schedule for next weekend. Saturday evening! Yes! So happy we are not on Sunday morning. :)

Oh, and to top things off, I try to go the the hosting gyms website to see if they have any info, and I cant get there as it is considered malware on my comp and it wont let me go to the page. Isnt it lovely? lol

oh, you're right. here in the States we are a servant to the Master named gymnastics. it's a lifestyle and culture all on to its own. serve the Master...:)
That is pretty much how it has become in our family! Gymnastics is like having a third child in the family. And boy is he ever high-maintainence and expensive! :)

I have made piece with not knowing the day and time for meets, and that we have to leave the whole freaking weekend open. What pissed me off is when we were doing IGC and they changed weekend.

In the NE here so we are drivable. We make state and regional hotel reservations for 2 nights and cancel as needed based on the report time.

I am ok with not knowing the day/sessions till a week or so out. What I don't like is when they switch your day/session two days before the meet, like happened to us this week. Totally threw off basically everything with my family and required a lot of scrambling. It's just not really ok.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back