WAG have you got a video of this bar dismount? What is the value?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Been to a meet yesterday.
I am obsessed with stalders, like, really obsessed. So I saw a dismount of a girl, that I have never seen before!

Here is what she did:
Starting on Low Bar: Kip – Straddle Cast Handstand – Stalder Handstand – Sole Circle – Jump to High Bar – ½ Turn Kip (so she is facing the low bar) with grip change to forward grip – Straddle On – Endo Salto Dismount

So basically, she did half of an endo. She did not enter it from a handstand, she basically entered it from a straddle sole circle position, around the bar and before getting up above the bar, she let go of the bar and did a front salto dismount.

I have never seen that dismount before and unfortunately I can’t find a video of it. I searched all YouTube but no chance!

Has anyone seen that before? Or has a video? I would like to show it to my coach!
How hard ist hat if you have a stalder?
I can imagine it must be pretty hard if you enter it from a handstand position, but might be doable from just a straddle stand on the bar? Anyone know the value? Is it very hard?

It is an OLD dismount. I coached two girls who competed it in the late 1970s.

The forward salto is easy. Getting into the Endo can be challenging.

Thanks Rick! Okay, so the forward salto is basically the same as the back one, just other direction. I guess if you do it from a counterswing it is easy, but with the endo... but it looks so cool! Do you need a full endo for this dismount? do you have a video of that dismount?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back