MAG grips help quick!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
I have read through the other grips threads, but wanted to see if anyone had suggestions for 2 different questions.
1. Last night at the meet, D's grip just quit going aroudn the bar. It wasn't grip locked (thank goodness,) but he says it won't hold chalk anymore so it won't "glide" like it should. Is there anything he can do for that grip to get it to work for at least one more week? He says he has been using a brush, but are there any more suggestions?

2. On that note, he is getting new grips. He is switching to double buckle. HE has been in Reisport since he started, but new coach says he always liked English Bulldog when he was competing. I am open to ordering whatever will work best fro him! He will be wanting to get them broken in in about 2 weeks, and will be going in early to practice to work on that fro a while. Suggestions? Does size/weight/age/height/level matter much?

Thanks

I don't have much advice; but my older DD is in English Bulldog, it is what her old gym recommended. They have stretched out SO MUCH. She has now been using them for about a year and while not worn thin by any means, they are simply too big for her (they fit fine for a full season) I need to figure new grips out for her... BUT, these are single buckle, her old coaches preferred that I guess for speed of getting them on. Maybe the double buckles won't stretch as much?

THese appear to be the ones he wants:
dgs-307H%20thumb.jpg

Of course, he needs a 2! and those are temporarily out of stock. UGH!

THese appear to be the ones he wants:
dgs-307H%20thumb.jpg

Of course, he needs a 2! and those are temporarily out of stock. UGH!
What brand are they? Have you tried different companies to see if someone has them in stock?

Reichelsport. They are the Hambuchen. We are going to remeasure tonight and make sure he needs the 2s. That just seems so big to me!

Reichelsport. They are the Hambuchen. We are going to remeasure tonight and make sure he needs the 2s. That just seems so big to me!

OMG, those Hambuchen grips -- our optionals found out about them and nothing else would do. They have been waiting forever for the dang things to come.

I will. Thanks for the tip. We may have to order some double buckle, and get these this summer. He needs back ups anyway, and I don't think the ones he has will be suitable.

Reactions: sce
so..update. He was unable to compete in his old grips in Ohio, but coach had a pair that worked. I compared them. His are as smooth as a baby's bottom and very thin :( Not far from ripping.

Ordered some double buckle Reisport, came in immediately and are now broken in and ready for state!

Then, the Hambuchens that he wants came back in stock. Those should be here soon, so he will hae 2 good pairs again.....

talk abotu spending some $$$ really fast! :(

I know!! My D's just made me order him new gross, both sets. Ouch!! He wears ten.o... his whole team does, that's what his coach wants them in. They look very thick and bulky, but my only comparison is my dds grips, which are bailee beginner dowel(yes, I know shes not a beginner, lol) and very small and thin. I think that's bc her hands are so little.

Fortunately D's rings grips are good for now. But his coach asks all optionals to have hb and backup hb grips ready. Now we know why.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back