Parents New skill

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3gymgirls

Coach
Proud Parent
My 8 year old daughter is competing level 2 this spring. Her coach thought she might have to be spotted on bars all season for her stride circle because she has little hands. Tonight she made her stride circle by herself for the first (and second) time. We know that it could still come and go, but it's nice to be headed in the right direction!

The stride circle is one of my pet peeve skills. It happened only at practice for the first part of the year. Not at meets. But the going get tough and the tough get going.

Yay! That's great! I really don't know what it is teaching....anybody know? I can see my front giant grip...anything else lol?

It seems that many agree that it leads to nothing. 1 coach said something about wrist shift, but there are other better ways for even that (in her opinion). But, it's a required element in level 3, so all JO girls competing 3 need to learn it. My dd was thrilled to hear she'd never have to do it again after level 3. Now she's working on her squat on and realizes there is a trend with bars and skills that are really hard for her :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back