WAG Storing grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I keep mine in a grip bag. I have 3 pairs of wristbands, 2 pairs of dowel grips and 1 pair of palm guards in there. Our team/coaches provide tape, prewrap etc. We leave our grip bags at the gym most of the time, except we bring them home the practice or two before a meet. For my dowel grips I take the wristband and put it at wear the grip attaches to the grip. I fold the hand part of the grip down and over the wristband. Then I buckle the buckles over this and store it. Sorry if that was confusing-I am still a bit sick...

My gimmies tuck the palm portion in to the middle of wrist straps and close the buckle. Then they toss them in to their grip bag and hang it in their locker. Easy peasey.

just don't keep them in airtight or sealed bags like Ziplocks.
Out of curiosity, why not?
Other than knowing my daughter stores hers in a grip bag at the gym, I have no idea how she stores them!
But when we travel to a meet (overnight) I have put the entire grip bag into a ziplock because it smells!

if they are wet from spraying they won't dry out.

My daughters grip bag smell foul, but it's not the grips. She likes her wrist bands old and crusty and won't let me wash them or replace them. Her wristbands have gone through 3 sets of grips now.

Hoping eventually they disintegrate... Or perhaps they will be met with a tragic accident after the season ends...

PLease please please wash wristbands!!!

It has only happened once at our gym, but once was enough for us. One of our boys got blood poisoning from his wristbands. They were disgusting...like most of our kiddos' wristbands. He had an abrasion on his wrist. the bacteria from the wristbands got in the abrasion. He missed the rest of the season.

I know D frequently has abrasions on his wrists from straps, grips, etc. So I wash or replace quite frequently after that experience!

Reactions: sce
DD has a super cute grip bag. She stores her wristbands and grips in it. I also have the habit of washing the wristbands after every meet. In the off season it's about once every 3 wks.

PLease please please wash wristbands!!!

It has only happened once at our gym, but once was enough for us. One of our boys got blood poisoning from his wristbands. They were disgusting...like most of our kiddos' wristbands. He had an abrasion on his wrist. the bacteria from the wristbands got in the abrasion. He missed the rest of the season.

I know D frequently has abrasions on his wrists from straps, grips, etc. So I wash or replace quite frequently after that experience!
I heard this once before…perhaps it was you who posted! I guess I should just buy a few pairs of wrist bands….but my daughter seems to like them 'worn in'…whatever that means.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back