Parents Rant

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The app allows you to create your own version of the meet. In crowd scored meets, the tags and scores do not come from the judges, but instead from the crowd.

The app allows you to create your own version of the meet. In crowd scored meets, the tags and scores do not come from the judges, but instead from the crowd.

Okay so this has nothing to do with what actually happened at the meet, good to know. I have never seen a score system where the judges put in overtime, they just out in the score and mark it on the card. My guess is someone isn't accounting for the time stopping due to falls. If two kids take the same amount of time overall on a video clock, but one fell and one didn't, the actual number on the timer of the one who fell should be shorter.

I just checked out beyond the scores app, as I had never heard of it. In the description for meets to use it, it states that they can "optionally enter neutral deductions and start values" so it looks like depending on how the judges use it, the neutral deduction of OT may or may not be indicated, so just because it does not specifically show up on the app does not mean they did not take it.
However, as others have said, I would not spend time worrying about this, as it is a .10 and a very common deduction in the compulsory levels.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back