Parents Good summer camps in AZ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MabelSt

Proud Parent
Does anyone know any good camps in Arizona that are good for beginning level kids who are into working hard at gymnastics? my kid only level 2

I'm curious about this too. We got a flyer in the mail for FlipFest, and now my daughter is obsessed...but it's a long way from New Mexico, where we live. We are new to gymnastics, so I don't really know what's out there.

My DD had a great time at ASU last summer, but then we got a notice that the HC retired and I haven't seen that they are repeating the program. If you lived in Phoenix/Mesa you could do it as a day camp but we're in So CA so she was a resident. She said that the majority of kids, whether day or sleepaway, were pretty local and she had come the farthest. They had a really nice mix of levels (she was an L3 last summer) and involved college coaches as well as college-aged assistants and dorm supervisors. Girls only, and about 75 kids total at a guess.

Where in Arizona are you? Are you looking for a day camp or sleep-away? I number of the PHX area gyms run great gymnastics camps, some have special weeks for team kids etc.

Thanks! I'll look into that one! We're in Tucson, I'm looking for day camps, but my sister is in Phoenix,so we could go up there:)

Bill Ryden runs a Sonoran Gymnastics Camp at U of A as well. I think they need to be atleast 6 to attend.

I'm in az. If you pm me I can help you find a camp. There are a lot of camps here. Are you looking for fun and balanced or serious training??

thanks! I'll pm you! I think either kind would be good, but I'd like it to be a least a little bit challenging (not just basically day care like some are).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back