Competition time 2015

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So crazy people, have any of you found any youtube vidoes of the new regional grades? I keep searching and have so far failed. I want to see the double float swing at the start of regional 4 because it just looks odd to me.
Failing that, a picture of Margo in her sparkly leggings might just cheer me up!

I haven't found any videos yet, but would be interested to know if anyone else has found any!?

I didn't realise London had done their grades already too. I'll have to have a look. I know a few doing regional 2 rather than 1, but if there is one video out there then there may be more...

Well we learnt 3 things watching that.
1. That leotard is lovely.
2. It was good to see the R&C as it is the same for all regional grades.
3. If you try and run downstairs to watch the end then you may fall from the top step right to the bottom. Whoops. Fortunately DD has another couple of weeks before her grades as that forward roll on the beam is really going to hurt when she does it tomorrow night. I've put her in the bath hoping that will ease the aches and pains.

From the scores though she lost 0.5 on the difficulty on range. Anyone know how that happened?

The range d scores are a bit all over the place in fact. Why would someone only get a 13.5 or 13 start value? Short of missing a move, which I can't imagine so many did...

I think she missed an 'arm windmill' when she stood up after piking down from her handstand. DD had to add an arm circle in there last week as she used to do it like that. Would that explain it? Or are they being harsh if the pike down isn't slow and controlled? Or she did put a hand down when she sat in splits - but that would be off the e score surely?

From the scores though she lost 0.5 on the difficulty on range. Anyone know how that happened?

The range d scores are a bit all over the place in fact. Why would someone only get a 13.5 or 13 start value? Short of missing a move, which I can't imagine so many did...

Some of the elements have to be held for 2 seconds so I would imagine quite a few of the kids didn't get all the skills counted because of not holding the position long enough.

Some of the elements have to be held for 2 seconds so I would imagine quite a few of the kids didn't get all the skills counted because of not holding the position long enough.

Mind you, watching the video, I couldn't see where she would have lost the value of a skill, although I am watching on a slow computer so every time the video stops it appears that she held it for 10 seconds ;)

Congrats and well done to your dd sf least you can relax now (for a short time anyway lol) I can't wait for ours to be over next week and of course we are
in the morning session but staying for the afternoon and then 2 weeks later doing another full day because she wants to see the older girls compete grades, I'm already
feeling sorry for my poor back!

Is it this weekend for your daughters grades or next weekend?

Good luck to your dd Gymbee06. Mine is doing compulsory 4 in 2 weeks. Looking at miss alpha factor south results there was some really high scores on floor but range seemed to not be as high as last year

Well my dd did great today(or so I thought bit what do I know!) no falls on anything remember all of her routines and the pointy toes and straight legs made a magical appearance( they only come out to play in a competition lol) I know she passed but that's it we don't know our scores yet but I've heard that she's about 30 out of 40 and she devastated:( and can't understand what she's done wrong and I can't help her because I don't know either.
On the upside she enjoyed herself and had fun and can't wait for the next one well done to ur dd x

Sounds like that range is the bit that is causing the problems. I wonder how many parents were sitting there thinking 'I just wish they could have 2 attempts?' Well done to everyone that has passed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back