MAG Nationals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

ZJsMom

Proud Parent
Does anyone know when the allotments for Nationals will be announced? I assume they'll be more or less the same as last year. My ds really wants to qualify, but it's kind of a long shot. One more slot for our region could make the difference.

So does it matter how many athletes qualify to regionals, or is just based on the total number of athletes in the region?

We don't even have our regional qualifying numbers yet. D would love to make it too, but that would be a real long shot!

They really seemed to decrease the number of participants who will be able to qualify this year. DS probably would have made it if there was still a qualifying score of 72 but with the allotment only not so good.

Interesting. I wonder if the thinking was to encourage realistic scoring at regionals. Based on chatter from last year, some guys were very, very happy with some of the numbers that went up on the board that had not been seen all season.

Decreased allotment number for our region. The increased JE score by 4 pts, that was the most surprising thing. And I would hope if a kid attempts to go JE but doesn't get the 124 score they would let them go JO if they are in the allotment, that would only make sense and seem fair.

How does the JO/JE thing work with the allotment? Do all JE kids over 124 go to nationals, regardless of the allotment, or do they take the alottment spaces from the JO kids.

Example say a region has 20 spots. The meet is Saturday and the top 20 boys are named. Then, the tech sequences are Sunday, and the kids in 22 and 24 score above 124 combined. Do they take the spots from the JO kids or do the go in addition to the alottment?

No. The JE kids who get the 124, but don't fall within the allotment may be added. It says
Athletes who do not fall within a region’s published allotment according to the AA
score, but do achieve the required JE combined score will automatically have their scores reviewed by the men’s program for potential inclusion in the Junior Olympic National Championships.

If I understand right, they simply count down AA scores regardless of JO or JE to get national qualifiers. Then they can opt to add any odd duck who hits the JE combined score but doesn't quite make the allotment. Guys who compete tech sequences and make it in the allotment then have to declare JO or JE. Is that how others read it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back