WAG I know we want our girls to be able to perform under any conditions...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When we do bump in on floor, we only have 4 girls bump at a time... 2 on each diagonal. They get about a minute between each routine (four times... total of 4 minutes which is perfect since they are allowed 1:00 each)... actually, they do tumbling passes the first 2 times and their dance / leaps the last 2 in "lines" instead of diagonals... unless she decides to bump in more (if we had 8, she may have 4 do lines on the edges while the other 4 do diagonals and alternate each time)... it depends on how many girls there are before ours compete.
As for the judging issue, with the lower level gymnasts that were in that particular session, they should have been able to split the judges (not as easy at higher levels) and had one judge bars and one judge vault.

About half the meets we go to will have a tumble strip and a full floor. The lower levels will use the tumble strip for their competition since they only go back and forth and the few boys meets I have seen also use the tumble strip for their lower levels.

We were at one L3 meet with just a tumble strip to compete. It really threw our girls for a loop because they are used to a full floor for competitions.

Every meet we have been to has a tumble strip for warm ups and (other than that one meet) a full floor.

Most of the time our meets have 2 sets of the rest of the equipment with one flight warming up while the other is competing. Our meets usually have approximately 96 girls of one level for compulsories (sometimes multiple sessions of those levels).

It's the coach's job to advocate for their gymnasts if there is inadequate warm-up time or a large gap between warming up and competing.

Gymjunkie, that's exactly it. I feel like our coaches didn't advocate for our girls (and haven't on a couple other occasions) The girls asked them about the delay and sitting there. a coach said "its warm in here, you'll be fine".

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back