WAG Silly question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

billise

Proud Parent
Ok, so silly question here. DD (age 8) changed gyms over the summer due to a cross country move. She had been at old gym since she was 4 years old and we left old gym on great terms, DD still keeps in touch with her old coaches and teammates. So here's the question: We have a car decal from our old gym on our car and DD absolutely does NOT want to take it off even though she will likely be competing for new gym in the fall. She still considers old gym "family". She's adores new gym, coaches and teammates (especially since head coach at old gym use to train at new gym back in the day) and wants to put new gym's decal on the other side of the window. Is keeping old gym's decal poor gym etiquette?

Given your circumstances, I can't imagine anyone being upset with you leaving the old decal on the window. If my dd wanted to do the same, I would absolutely honor her wishes. A cross country move like that can be very traumatizing to kids and leaving the decal on the car might bit a little bit of a security blanket for your dd and that is perfectly. fine.

I completely agree. In time she will probably want the new gym's decal on there like her friends will have, but for now keep the old one on if it makes her feel better. Moving is tough.

My DD wears her old gyms competition leotard and practice leotard to her new gym regularly. Her old gym is family to her and I see no reason to pull her away from that idea. We also switched for a long distance move. I say leave it and let them be on each side of the car- the past and the future.

Ok, so silly question here. DD (age 8) changed gyms over the summer due to a cross country move. She had been at old gym since she was 4 years old and we left old gym on great terms, DD still keeps in touch with her old coaches and teammates. So here's the question: We have a car decal from our old gym on our car and DD absolutely does NOT want to take it off even though she will likely be competing for new gym in the fall. She still considers old gym "family". She's adores new gym, coaches and teammates (especially since head coach at old gym use to train at new gym back in the day) and wants to put new gym's decal on the other side of the window. Is keeping old gym's decal poor gym etiquette?

no. it's common. :)

We moved under similar circumstances, and we still have our old gym's magnet on our car. Our dd even had to compete her first meet at the new gym in the old gym's leo. I think that, as long as it's not a local competitor it's fine.

Our dd even had to compete her first meet at the new gym in the old gym's leo. I think that, as long as it's not a local competitor it's fine.
We had a girl move to our gym when hers closed abruptly and she competed in her old gym's leotard the rest of the season (our leos had been phased out by GK... and luckily, her old team colors went well with our warm ups and our team leos - plus, she was the ONLY optional we had at the time, so it wasn't a big deal at all).

We have ours from our old gym and new gym, and it was a local switch. I keep meaning to get it off, but now it's been 3 years so whatever.

I see a variety of car decals from other gymnasts' previous gyms in our gym's parking lot. Don't think twice about it! They were part of her early gymnastics life and got her to where she is today, not reason to remove! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back