Off Topic New gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a parent that is switching gyms and she wanted to know if there are any questions she should ask the other gym before enrolling.
Her daughter is level 7 very talented and my main concern is they are willing to move and not compete state. Would you say that is okay to do?
If you could please list at least five questions a parent switching teams should ask.
Thank you

I'm confused. Are they moving to a local gym or moving houses? If it's local, many gyms don't accept transfers mid season from other local gyms. Also in most states we're extremely close to level 7 states, why would this be happening now if it's local? Or are they switching to your gym?

It's a local gym.
The gym will supposedly put her in a temporary class then after state they will let her come on team.
The parent is concerned that she may have not asked the right questions so I'm basically just trying to help the transition be smoother with no missed corners.

Why are the moving this second? It's standard operating procedure to not allow athletes to come to team until after the season is over.

Yeah, that is strange to move so close to State...it is especially odd to forego State and enroll in a Rec class. Seems like part of the story is missing.

Well guys it's not really that important for me to mention why.... but they already know how the season is going to turn out,
All I'm asking for is some questions they should ask the gym.
They already know the coach from way back and they have talked to them before.

They just want to make sure they don't miss asking any important questions.

No offense, but it sounds like they are already moving to the new gym so really and truly, questions about the gym are kinda moot......
Aside from the obvious (schedules, fees, etc.), I'm not sure what other questions bc it's different from situation to situation & the only other questions I can think of would only be pertinent in CONSIDERATION of a new gym choice.

No offense taken at all.
Yes they were already wanting to move but the mother was just worries she may be missing some important steps that we couldn't think of.

Well, it's not your problem really. The new gym will give the mother all the pertinent information about their program and policies, and she'll have to ask them for clarification if she doesn't understand any. Without more background then it's hard to say what things she should ask. Also, gym policies tend to vary regionally to some extent.

Btw, I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just baffled as to why you would get expected to help or offering help. There are no steps to switching a gym besides withdrawing from one and being accepted to another. The new gym will need to switch her USAG number to their team but that is easily done by anyone with a club administrator account and doesn't involve the parent at all.

I'm not expected to help by anyone I am really good friends with this family and I took it upon myself to help in anyway I could.
Thank you for your help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back