WAG Searching level 5 bars on Youtube...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
I've tried to find any videos of new Level 5's on the bars. Don't have to be new now, but a routine that was done at, say, their first meet (i.e. not the greatest scores...)
I can find many many "first place"s and "9.5's".
Can any of you youtube gurus point me in the direction of how best to search for lower score video?
(basically, I'd like to see some low 8's, maybe even high 7's scored by Level 5s to compare to how my DD might score at her first Level 5 meet. I hope that makes sense).

thanks for anyone who can navigate youtube better than I!

These aren't as low as what you are looking for score-wise as this was dd's 2nd year at this level. (She did old 6 and then new 5 and then 1 meet at new 5 this year.

- 9.325 (I think)

Here is one at old L6, which is basically the same thing:
- 7.55 (bars starts around 35 seconds in; she had a fall on this one)

Both these links lead to this thread:
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1427402069.744448.jpg

Weird!

That second link gave me exactly what I wanted to see. Thank you!!!!

I really just wanted to see a L5 bars without the casts that are darned-near handstand, and a baby giant that wasn't the "most fluid".
I remembered watching some Level 5's back in September that would actually "clunk" onto the high bar with the baby giant, so I know DD isn't too far off, but I just wanted to be able to see some closely resembling her.

Thank you!

and thank you @kayjaybe! But she's MUCH better than I was looking for :)

That second link gave me exactly what I wanted to see. Thank you!!!!

I really just wanted to see a L5 bars without the casts that are darned-near handstand, and a baby giant that wasn't the "most fluid".
I remembered watching some Level 5's back in September that would actually "clunk" onto the high bar with the baby giant, so I know DD isn't too far off, but I just wanted to be able to see some closely resembling her.

Thank you!

and thank you @kayjaybe! But she's MUCH better than I was looking for :)

The last one might be more in line with what you were looking for. :)

The last one was definitely ;)
But besides the fall,
My DD is a level for right now, hoping to get her clear her hip in the next three weeks and score out of level 5.
She's got the other three events fine, but we are pretty sure she will only squeak by on bars.
I was looking for someone who would be focusing so much on the clear hip that she would barely make her horizontal out of kip - LOL!

I've got my fingers crossed :)

Plug in 'Level 5 bars' (or 6) and a score '7.8' (example) into youtube, you will find what you are looking for. You will probably have more luck with using old six, as it seems facebook video is more prevalent now.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back