Parents Attitude Toward Injuries

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

No offense, but she sounds like an idiot. A dangerous one at that! :mad:
None taken ... and I totally agree :mad::eek:! That was why I called her from practice and TOLD her she was to take her daughter to the ER and I INSISTED that she take her to the ER for the allergic reaction. The little one gets on my nerves :rolleyes:, but I don't want anything to happen to her. :)

I also gotta say that I love our HC... She has ice on standby for YG (her "monthly ice pack" since that is about how long she usually makes it between minor accidents). However, she also KNOWS when we need to get her checked out - she insists on it. She has sent us 2x for YG and 3x for OG.

She is that way with all the girls (ever since we had a girl that had MINOR hip pain that turned out to be a broken back... competed her first meet ever - the last for that season - with the broken back. Qualified for YMCA Nationals ... and HC promptly sent her to the ER after the meet because the pain changed).

DS, has never been injured, but he does get migraines. Most of the coaches know and there are meds in the gym for him if I'm not there. These are not your general irritating headaches. My kid is also not a complainer. He would rather be in the gym than anywhere. One day last week, I knew as soon as he walked out it would be a long ride home, he was white as a ghost. He did make it to the car before he started throwing up.

Evidently, he mentioned to the coach he was working with that he had a headache, and here response was of the "suck it up" variety. I have again let everyone know. He's 8 and when an adult says it isn't a big deal, what exactly is he supposed to do. It worries me that coaches are so busy that they don't notice a sudden change in both appearance and performance if the KIDS they are working with.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back