WAG Oklahoma Gym hit by tornado

• Thread starter Deleted member D3987
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Those poor girls. D has been thru this with his first gym. It took awhile for the gymnasts to not jump at every noise. SO glad they are all safe.

Reactions: sce
Wow, so scary! I'm glad they were all safe and unharmed (physically). I can't imagine what that would have sounded like... it's crazy loud with just heavy rain at DD's gym!

That must have been so scary for all the gymnasts, coaches, and parents involved! I'm so glad that nobody was physically hurt! Hopefully they'll be able to raise enough money soon to rent another building and get new equipment etc.

They posted an update and a link to the story by the local news. The gofundme me page has raised almost $50,000 out of a new goal of $100,000. Much of it donated by gymnasts and clubs from around the country.

They posted an update and a link to the story by the local news. The gofundme me page has raised almost $50,000 out of a new goal of $100,000. Much of it donated by gymnasts and clubs from around the country.

"$100,000 has been set as the new goal to reach in order to quickly purchase all needed equipment, get the children to their meets, pay lease for a facility, and pay staff to get the children’s gymnastics program back on track after the devastating March 25th tornado that leveled our facility and equipment."

It's too bad they didn't figure out how much they needed before they published their gofundme page.

"$100,000 has been set as the new goal to reach in order to quickly purchase all needed equipment, get the children to their meets, pay lease for a facility, and pay staff to get the children’s gymnastics program back on track after the devastating March 25th tornado that leveled our facility and equipment."

It's too bad they didn't figure out how much they needed before they published their gofundme page.
With gofund me if you do not reach your goal they take a bigger cut of the money than they do if you do reach your goal. So I wouldn't say it was too bad, they were just being realistic and now that they realize the amount of love and support the gymnastics community provides, they've upped it to hopefully help them out more.

Thanks for the explanation Flips123. Hopefully some of the equipment can be saved.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back