WAG Upset teammate's last competition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
Tomorrow is my teammate's last competition since she is graduating, and she is DEVASTATED. She isn't ready to quit at all, and spent yesterday- her last practice before Provs- bawling.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can help her? I'm really at a loss and feel awful for her.

Just curious, can you compete JO in college?? Say you graduate as a Level 9, and want to continue after you start your first year at a Community College??

She needs a hug and space to deal with things in her own way. Can't be fixed. Feelings are just that feelings the best thing you can do is let her feel them.

She doesn't have to be done if she's not ready! As mentioned above, there are many competitive options post-graduation. If she's going to college in the fall, they may have a club team competing in NAIGC, USAIGC is open to gymnasts of all ages (I'm in my 30's and competed in that league for three years), as is AAU. USAG also allows gymnasts of all ages to compete. The gym I coach at has a girl who graduated last year who stayed home and did level 9 again this year. I'm 32 and have competed USAG Xcel this season. The YMCA league may be another option.

She doesn't have to be done if she's not ready! As mentioned above, there are many competitive options post-graduation. If she's going to college in the fall, they may have a club team competing in NAIGC, USAIGC is open to gymnasts of all ages (I'm in my 30's and competed in that league for three years), as is AAU. USAG also allows gymnasts of all ages to compete. The gym I coach at has a girl who graduated last year who stayed home and did level 9 again this year. I'm 32 and have competed USAG Xcel this season. The YMCA league may be another option.
Unfortunately, we live in Canada, and the university she will be attending is fairly rural. The closest gymnastics program is 2 hours away.

Congratulations for competing at age 32. Very inspiring as I want to do the same!

I wish Canada had programs like USAIGC or especially NCAA/university gymnastics!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back