Development group?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Busymum

Proud Parent
Hi all. My daughter has been asked to do a months trial with the 2009 development group?

She wants to do it so we will but just wondered what exactly IS a development group? What should we expect in a trial? Is it part of the team?

Thanks​

A development group will mean something different everywhere, but usually it is preparation for squads. If she is coming from rec, she will likely find it quite different, especially in terms of conditioning. She mainly has to enjoy it and do her best. Good luck to her.

Hi all. My daughter has been asked to do a months trial with the 2009 development group?

She wants to do it so we will but just wondered what exactly IS a development group? What should we expect in a trial? Is it part of the team?

Thanks​

Hi

I cannot give you to much advice on development groups even though my youngest daughter is in one as I should imagine that every gym runs development groups differently and have different types of development groups, but I can tell you about my experience with her group.

My daughter started with a months trial, I should imagine that a months trial is pretty much how most gyms do things. I think the trial was to see how my gymmie would cope with harder level gymnastics (then rec classes). How she coped with conditioning, how well she listened to instructions, what her work ethic was like, and how well she behaved.

I don't think learning skills mattered so much as the above stuff. My gymmie is not in an age related development group.

If it's a month, she has time to settle in and see how she likes it. She definitely shouldn't worry about skills, as that's what she will be in there to learn.

Hi,
Hope you're daughter got on ok today? My 4 year old daughter is mid way through a 7 week trial for the mini development group at her gym, she was doing pre school class prior to this.
Parents can't watch the competitive side of the gym which is where the trial group is, so I don't know what or how she's doing! But she is loving it so far.
I think they do have open viewing sometimes so I'm looking forward to that.

Hi NEgymmum
She really loved it!
They did walking along the beam on proper form. Had to bunny hop along too. Practised pull ups/chin ups on bar. She managed 5 with a little support- coach supported legs - I gurss to take some of her weight?
She wasn't so keen on the stretching but that's to be expected being as it's not s huge part of the rec class is used to?
Coach said she'd done well. Focussed and was confident with no fear to try. Was happy she could do the pull ups on the bar. Said she needs to work on coordination but also said that could just be because she's getting used to new positions and stretches.

At the end she said she's welcome back next week

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back