Parents How much courage does your gymnast have?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Xavier de Anda

Proud Parent
Only a gymnast understands the challenges associated with learning new skills. This dramatic short video hopefully helps us parents understand the frustration and the stress they go through, the courage it takes to overcome it, and of course, the glory of reaching your goal!

Enjoy!

Xavier

This one just seems like an ad for your gym. What is your motivation in posting these videos?

Good question. I see you are new, but all you do is post videos. Are you here to join the community and share and learn?

I have been the parent of two gymnasts for now 15 years. I do not create videos commercially and I do not have an affiliation to our gym in any way. I have volunteered to create a video for the team banquet for eight years now. I do this as a hobby and as a gift of appreciation for the girls, coaches, and families. The audience for the videos is very small, only friends, families, and of course the girls. Someone recently suggested that I shared these with the gymnastics community because they would be enjoyed by anyone who lives and breathes the sport the way my family does. I have read, liked and contributed to various posts on the forum but yes, I posted three videos over the past week. This, your perception, is what I was afraid of and I don't want to be perceived negatively or as having a hidden agenda, so I won't post anymore. I apologize if my contribution brought a negative message to your blog in any way. Chalkbucket seems like a great forum for people to interact, so congratulations and keep doing what you do. Goodbye.

Great! You are a proud papa sharing your love of the sport. I'm cool with this. You've shared on a public forum...you can't expect everyone to already know your intent.

I'll say this -- you are a much better editor than me! The video I made of our L5 guys at the end of the season last year was a half hour long! I like your work.

Please stay and join in, we love parents to share their journeys and experiences.

Thanks for explaining your motivation, the videos are cool, I just could not work out what role you played in gymnastics.
This.

Only a gymnast understands the challenges associated with learning new skills. This dramatic short video hopefully helps us parents understand the frustration and the stress they go through, the courage it takes to overcome it, and of course, the glory of reaching your goal!

Enjoy!

Xavier

Thanks for sharing! My 6yo DD keeps watching it over and over!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back